IronPigs to Debut 50/50 Raffle at All Home Games in 2014April 4, 2014 - International League (IL) Lehigh Valley IronPigs
"This might be one of the coolest additions to Coca-Cola Park since the ballpark's opening because each and every night, one lucky fan is going to go "Hog Wild' and capture a huge cash payout," exclaimed IronPigs General Manager Kurt Landes. "What is equally exciting is that all of the proceeds will benefit IronPigs Charities and each raffle purchase is truly making a difference within the Lehigh Valley community."
Fans can purchase 50/50 tickets during every home game throughout the 2014 season from any in-park seller or at one of two kiosks located on the main concourse. Ticket sales will begin when the gates open and close at the end of the 7th inning.
Fans can check the real-time gross prize amount on Coca-Cola Park's main videoboard or at any of the kiosks throughout the game. 50% of the proceeds will be awarded to one lucky winner each game while the remaining proceeds will benefit IronPigs Charities. The winning number will be posted on the videoboard at the conclusion of the 8th inning.
The IronPigs have partnered with Pointstreak 5050, a leader in electronic raffle management systems, to bring this raffle technology to Coca-Cola Park. The Pointstreak 5050 system electronically captures every transaction while providing updated real-time raffle information to display devices located throughout the venue. Tickets are sold to fans through fixed touch-screen terminals and mobile devices, creating an effortless data collection system providing faster sales transaction, longer selling periods and accountability.
"We've had great success with many professional sports franchises and foundations in helping them raise significant charitable dollars through Pointstreak's platform," said Pointstreak 5050 President Kevin Lovitt. "We look forward to working with the IronPigs as they are considered one of the premier organizations in all of Minor League Baseball."
Official rules for the IronPigs Charities 50/50 Raffle are available at www.ironpigsbaseball.com/5050raffle.
Since its inception in 2007, IronPigs Charities has made more than $675,000 in monetary contributions to local non-profit organizations.
Single-game tickets, mini-plan packages and group tickets for all IronPigs home games presented by Capital BlueCross, are on sale now and can be purchased at the Coca-Cola Park Ticket Office, online at www.ironpigsbaseball.com or by calling (610) 841-PIGS (7447).
International League Stories from April 4, 2014
- Gwinnett Pounds Durham, 12-7 - Gwinnett Braves
- Blue Jays Recall Bisons RHP Chad Jenkins - Buffalo Bisons
- Norfolk doubles-up on Charlotte 4-2 - Norfolk Tides
- Braves Big Bats Drop Bulls - Durham Bulls
- Four-Run Eighth Leads Tides Past Knights 4-2 on Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Francis, Costanzo Lead Bats to Opening Day Win - Louisville Bats
- PawSox and Verizon Team Up - Pawtucket Red Sox
- RailRiders and Chiefs Postponed Due to Rain - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Durham Bulls
- Chiefs, RailRiders Rained out on Friday - Syracuse Chiefs
- Friday's Bisons/Red Wings Game Postponed Due to Rain - Buffalo Bisons
- IronPigs to Debut 50/50 Raffle at All Home Games in 2014 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox Shutout by IronPigs 4-0 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Eight PawSox Players Venture to Fenway Park for Boston's Ring Ceremony - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Petricka Recalled by Chicago Today - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings Game Notes - Rochester Red Wings
- Bernie Williams to Play National Anthem at Chiefs Game - Syracuse Chiefs
- Bisons Notes - Rochester at Buffalo (2:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.