Police Car Show on Saturday Part of Law & Order NightMarch 20, 2014 - ECHL (ECHL) Stockton Thunder
The Car Show on Saturday, March 22nd is a part of the Thunder's Law & Order night where the team salutes the brave men and women who protect and serve our community. Emergency responders, lawyers, judges, and others who serve our community will be in attendance with a portion of ticket sales benefitting the San Joaquin County Law Enforcement Memorial in their hopes towards building a new monument that will be large enough to recognize all fallen officers.
In addition to a portion of ticket sales, law enforcement officials will be selling glow sticks for $1 that fans can use during the video tribute to fallen law enforcement officials. Fans can purchase those glow sticks at tables near both the North and South Entry's.
Stockton Police Sentinels will be on hand to show fans cars from the California Highway Patrol, Stockton Police Department, San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office, Lodi Police Department, University of the Pacific Police Department and San Joaquin Delta College Police Department. The car show will end a half hour before the game is set to start at 7:00 p.m.
The listed information below includes the agencies involved in the Car Show and their vehicles:
California Highway Patrol
-Ford Crown Victoria patrol vehicle
Lodi Police Department
-Ford Explorer patrol vehicle
-Traffic Unit motorcycle*
San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office
-Chevy Caprice patrol vehicle^
-Classic Plymouth Cruiser patrol vehicle
San Joaquin Delta College Police Department
-Ford Explorer patrol vehicle
-Trike patrol vehicle
Stockton Police Department
-Classic Patrol Wagon "Fuzz "46"
-Classic Chevy Caprice "Low Rider"
University of the Pacific Police Department
-Ford Taurus patrol vehicle
-Ford Explorer patrol vehicle*
-T3 Chariot patrol vehicle*
* - Participation is tentative
^ - Scheduled to leave early for National Anthem
~ - Scheduled to dock south of the car show area
In addition to Law & Order night, the Thunder's Saturday game against Alaska will be the Stockton Arena debut of the Rough & Ready Islanders jerseys worn as part the ECHL's Hockey Heritage Weekend. The first 1,000 fans at Stockton Arena will receive a mini bobblehead of Thor wearing his very own Rough & Ready Islanders jersey. The game-worn and game-issued jerseys will be auctioned off during and after the game on Saturday via silent, live, and online auctions.
Sunday's game against the Aces will be another Family Day! Bring your family out to the Arena and purchase the Thunder Pride Pack featuring four Upper End Zone tickets, four hot dogs, and four sodas. If you purchase your pack online you'll receive a Thunder hat at no additional charge.
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2014
- Road Warriors Score Twice in Final Minutes to Beat Florida 5-4 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Aces Sign Rookie Goaltender Aaron Crandall - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with McDermott - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 20 - ECHL
- Clapton, Johnson, O'Brien and Morin Highlight Stingrays 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kessel Recalled to Rochester - Orlando Solar Bears
- Magnus Hellberg Assigned to Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Police Car Show on Saturday Part of Law & Order Night - Stockton Thunder
- K-Wings Ponich Receives Third Call-Up to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Road Warriors vs. Everblades Thursday, March 20, 2014 - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - March 20 - ECHL
- Milner Stops 43, But Thunder Lose 2-1 - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Open Home Stand with 2-1 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Rally for OT Victory - Idaho Steelheads
- Eagles Succumb to Steelheads Late Rally 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.