Lions Sign Brandon Jordan to ExtensionMarch 18, 2014 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - B.C. Lions
Jordan appeared in 12 games last season including nine as a starter at defensive tackle. Showing steady improvement during his second season as a pro, Brandon more than doubled his defensive tackles from seven as a rookie in 2012 to19 last season along with four sacks.
"Brandon has developed into a talented interior defensive lineman and I believe his best football is still to come," said VP of football operations and GM Wally Buono.
Taking advantage of increased playing time, Jordan enjoyed a terrific mid-season run in 2013 with three sacks over a two-game span including a pair versus Montreal on September 15.
"Brandon comes to work each day with a willingness to do whatever it takes to improve and contribute to our defence," said head coach Mike Benevides. "He's possesses the ability to be a game-changer in the middle of the defensive line and our expectations of Brandon heading into this season are a reflection of his tremendous growth as a player." Brandon Jordan - 91
Ht: 6.05 Wt: 255
Born: 9/17/88 - Merrillville, IN
Yrs with Lions: 3rd
Yrs in CFL: 3rd
Games Played: 16
BC Lions season tickets for 2014 are on sale now - Season ticket holders save up to 27% on the cost of single game tickets and receive first option on their seats for playoffs and the 102nd Grey Cup. Call 604.589.ROAR or visit bclions.com today for more information.
Canadian Football League Stories from March 18, 2014
- They Came, They Sawed, They Conquered - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Redblacks Home Opener Ticket Packs on sale Saturday - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Redblacks Sign DB Jermaine Robinson - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Expanded Video Review, Improved Health and Safety, Faster Game All on the Table - CFL
- Esks Head to Florida for Mini-Camp - Edmonton Eskimos
- Riders Add to Secondary - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Lions Sign Brandon Jordan to Extension - B.C. Lions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.