Anaheim Reassigns Cramarossa, Zahn to NorfolkMarch 11, 2014 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Norfolk Admirals Press Release
Cramarossa, 21, returns to Norfolk having posted two assists, 7 penalty minutes, and a plus-3 rating in three games played with Utah this season. The 6-1, 192-pound center has played 45 games with the Admirals this season adding a goal, three assists, and 45 penalty minutes while skating to a minus-6 rating. He totaled 138 points (51g, 87a) during his four-year career in the Ontario Hockey League (2009-2013) split between Mississauga St. Michael's Majors and the Belleville Bulls. The Toronto, Ontario native was selected by Anaheim in the third round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Zahn, 24, appears with Norfolk for the second time this season. In a three-game stint in January with the Admirals, Zahn recorded one assist and a minus-2 rating along with 2 penalty minutes. The 6-2, 217-pound blueliner has participated in 48 games for Utah this season and has scored seven goals and 11 assists. Zahn has served 146 penalty minutes and earned a plus-1 rating with the Grizzlies as well. The Regina, Saskatchewan native is currently in his second professional season after a year with the Stockton Thunder and the Oklahoma City Barons of the ECHL and AHL, respectively. Zahn had five goals and eight assists in 34 games for Stockton, and one assist in five games for Oklahoma City. He played the 2011-12 season with the University of Calgary subsequent to the five seasons (2005-2011) he spent with the Saskatoon Blades of the Western Hockey League. Zahn played 287 games for the Blades and totaled 61 points (12g, 49a). Chicago selected him in the fifth round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and Tampa Bay chose Zahn with the 186th pick in round seven of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The Admirals travel north for three games in three days on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to play divisional opponents Binghamton, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Hershey. The following week Norfolk returns to Scope on Wednesday, March 19, to square off against the Charlotte Checkers in another Admirals Value Night. With Family Fun Packs, receive 4-tickets, 4-hot dogs, 4-sodas, & 4-popcorns for just $54! It is also NATO Night and Student Rush Night at Scope. All college students can purchase $9 tickets when they present their College I.D. at the Scope Box Office any time after 2:00 p.m. the day of the game. The Admirals also host Binghamton Friday, March 21 and Saturday, March 22.
Game tickets are now on sale, and are available through the Norfolk Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
For 10-packs, or discounted group tickets stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, or call (757) 640-1212 Office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fans can also visit us online at www.norfolkadmirals.com.
American Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2014
- Rampage Drop 5-2 Decision to Barons - San Antonio Rampage
- Canadiens Reassign Condon to Nailers - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Trade Tim Miller to Abbotsford for Future Considerations - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Laganiere Meets the President - Norfolk Admirals
- Texas Stars Sign Center Chris Culligan to ATO - Texas Stars
- Griffins Depart for Season-High Seven-Game Road Trip - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Release Huxley from Tryout - Manchester Monarchs
- Cassadee Pope to Perform After Ads Game Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- VandeVelde Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Heat Release Knackstedt - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Sharp in Shootout, Sweep 3-In-3 Weekend - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens to Wear St. Patty's Jerseys this Weekend - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Stars Recall Forwards Chris Mueller and Colton Sceviour from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Still Time to Taste Wine with the Chicago Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Loan F Tim Miller to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers Sign Dimitry Antipin to ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Mike Banwell Released from PTO - Springfield Falcons
- Florida Panthers Recall F Joey Crabb and D Mike Mottau - San Antonio Rampage
- Capitals Recall Wellman and Wey from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Reassigns Cramarossa, Zahn to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.