Mavericks Bid Farewell to Posa and HoodDecember 23, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Missouri Mavericks
Rookie defenseman, Saverio (Sam) Posa, who has contributed two goals, six assists and racked up a +10 plus/minus through twenty-four games with the Mavs, has decided to go back to school. As an alumni of the Ontario Hockey League, Posa will take the opportunity to utilize the funds available to him through the OHL before the January 1st deadline.
Kyle Hood has made the choice to start a career outside of hockey, and is leaving the team to pursue that goal. Hood has been with the Mavericks for two seasons, contributing four goals, twelve assists, and eighty penalty minutes.
The Mavericks have also announced that Henrik Odegaard has returned from the Norwegian Olympic training camp to travel with the team this weekend in their three-game series against the Rapid City Rush. There is no final word yet as to if Odegaard will compete for his home country in the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, RUS.
The departure of these two players from the Mavericks' team and return of Odegaard, leaves Missouri with a healthy eighteen-man roster, the number of players a CHL club is allowed to dress in a game. The Mavericks wish Saverio Posa and Kyle Hood the best as they pursue their respective endeavors.
There are still three games left in the Colt King suspension. King will return to the Mavericks' line on New Year's Eve as the Mavericks take on the Tulsa Oilers at the Independence Events Center.
Central Hockey League Stories from December 23, 2013
- Shots from the Point for December 23, 2013 - CHL
- New Year's Eve Game in Allen Moved up One Hour - Wichita Thunder
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Chill to Host DASA Blues Sled Hockey Friday Night - St. Charles Chill
- Americans Guarantee White Christmas - Allen Americans
- Americans Move up Start Time of New Years Eve Game to 6:05 pm - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Sweep Weekly CHL Awards - Missouri Mavericks
- Missouri's Shane Owen Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Bid Farewell to Posa and Hood - Missouri Mavericks
- Missouri's Dave Pszenyczny Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.