Special Olympics of York County Selected as York Revolution 2014 Presenting SponsorNovember 25, 2013 - Atlantic League (AtL) - York Revolution
Through presenting partnerships, the York Revolution has helped spotlight the necessary work of the SPCA of York County (2010), York County Libraries (2011), YMCA of York and York County (2012) and Boy Scouts of America - New Birth of Freedom Council (2013). While these various groups all have different goals, they are all community-service oriented much like Special Olympics, making the latest season-long partner a natural fit.
The same avenues which were available to the past partners will again be available to Special Olympics in order to raise funds to improve their efforts. The agreement includes:
- Receiving $2 of every lawn ticket sold for Revolution games at Santander Stadium
- A game-worn jersey auction, where fans will bid on Special Olympics-themed jerseys worn by the players in a game, with a silent auction taking place during that game. All proceeds will go to Special Olympics (Special Olympics athletes will have a hand in designing the special jerseys).
- Proceeds from the Revolution's post-game promotion contest going to Special Olympics.
- A table at every game with which Special Olympics can sell their own specialty and promotional items to help their cause.
- The opportunity for Revolution fans to donate $1 to Special Olympics per every online ticket transaction throughout the season.
"Our organization is beyond excited to be able to partner with the York Revolution for 2014. We are anticipating that this relationship will not only help us promote awareness of our organization in the York County community, but will also provide unique experiences for our athletes," said Kellee Terroso of Special Olympics. "The possibilities appear to be endless for what our two organizations can do together to support and create opportunities for individuals in our community with intellectual disabilities."
Past presenting partners each grossed between $55,000 and $100,000 in their season-long fundraising efforts. This new agreement bolsters an already strong partnership between the York Revolution and Special Olympics. The two have previously teamed up for "Special Olympics Night" at Santander Stadium, which for the 2014 season will be Sunday, August 10 against the Long Island Ducks. The usual pre-game parade of athletes around the warning track will remain, in addition to the ticket sales fundraiser for the game.
"If you've had the chance to stand on the field with Special Olympians before a Revs game, you know how rewarding it is to have this kind of partner. We're lucky to have this opportunity to help a terrific and important organization in the York community," said Revolution President & General Manager Eric Menzer.
The agreement for a York Revolution presenting sponsor lasts through one baseball season. Anyone who may be interested in partnering with the Revolution in future seasons is encouraged to call 717-801-4482 for more information.
The Revolution's 2014 season opener at Santander Stadium will be Thursday, April 24 against the Camden Riversharks at 6:30 p.m. For the full schedule of games this spring and summer, please visit YorkRevolution.com.
The York Revolution Professional Baseball Club is a member of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. 2014 will be the Revolution's eighth season of operation at Santander Stadium, the centerpiece of Downtown York, PA, located at 5 Brooks Robinson Way. The facility hosts all 70 home games in addition to myriad events through the entire calendar year. For tickets or more information, please call 717-801-HITS (4487) or visit the Revolution online at YorkRevolution.com.
Atlantic League Stories from November 25, 2013
- Special Olympics of York County Selected as York Revolution 2014 Presenting Sponsor - York Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.