Four Blue Bombers Named to CFL's East Division All-Star TeamNovember 6, 2013 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The East Division All-Stars were selected by the voting members from the East Division markets, East Division head coaches and the National Chapter.
RB Will Ford - The Blue Bombers nominee for top special teams player, second year running back Will Ford finished 2013 with 113 rushes for 594 yards and two touchdowns. His 70-yard run in an October game at Calgary was the second longest touchdown scamper by a running back this season. That game was also Ford's best at the running back position, carrying 14 times for 156 yards. Ford also hauled in seven receptions for 41 yards and one touchdown during the 2013 campaign.
OT Glenn January - For the third consecutive season, Glenn January was once again named a Divisional All-Star for his play at left tackle where he started all but one game due to injury. An undisputed leader of the team, January was also named the team's top offensive lineman in 2013, making him a back-to-back winner of that award as well.
DT Bryant Turner - The third-year defensive tackle out of Alabama-Birmingham has now earned back-to-back East Division All-Star recognition, being named to the team in 2012 as well. Highly regarded as one of the top defensive tackles in the league, Turner was tied for the team lead in sacks with seven, while finishing with two fumble recoveries and 14 tackles, playing in 16 games in 2013 - missing two due to injury.
LB Henoc Muamba - The Blue Bombers nominee for Most Outstanding Player, Most Outstanding Defensive Player and Most Outstanding Canadian, third year linebacker Henoc Muamba gets his first nod as an East Division All-Star. Starting all 18 games at linebacker, Muamba finished second in the league with 106 tackles, while also racking up one sack and one interception.
The CFL All-Stars will be announced in early December.
Canadian Football League Stories from November 6, 2013
- Tiger-Cats Release Six - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Eight Argos Named to 2013 East Division All-Star Team - Toronto Argonauts
- Alouettes lead East Division with nine all-stars - Montreal Alouettes
- Six Tiger-Cats Named East Division All-Stars - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Stamps and Sewell Named CFL West Division All-Stars - Edmonton Eskimos
- Nine Rider Players Named West Division All-Stars - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- CFL Names 2013 East & West Division All-Stars - CFL
- Lions Place Six on West Division All-Star Squad - B.C. Lions
- Ten Stamps Named to West All-Star Team - Calgary Stampeders
- Four Blue Bombers Named to CFL's East Division All-Star Team - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stamps Add Oren Wilson to Practice Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- CFL Season Wraps up as the Second Most-Watched Regular Season Ever - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.