Maatta to Stay with PittsburghOctober 24, 2013 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) - London Knights Press Release
Maatta, who was drafted by the Penguins in the first round (22nd overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, is still eligible to play junior hockey. He was the Knights first overall selection in the 2011 CHL Import Draft and an integral part of the Knights back to back OHL Championships these past two years.
Dale and Mark Hunter along with Basil McRae and the entire London Knights organization are pleased with Maatta's accomplishments. "We are very proud that Olli has shown himself to be a top 6 defenseman in the entire Pittsburgh Penguins organization. Pittsburgh is a Stanley Cup contending team and this accomplishment is a testament to Olli's character, work ethic and dedication to the game of hockey," said General Manager Mark Hunter. "We want to thank him for his two years of service with our team. Olli was a key component of our back to back OHL championships teams and we wish him all the best as he moves forward with his professional career. As a junior hockey organization, our job is to develop these young men and prepare them for the next step. We are certainly proud that Olli has been able to make the jump at just 19 years old."
On behalf of the entire London Knights organization, we want to wish Olli Maatta all the best in Pittsburgh!
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 24, 2013
- Spits Top Attack 7-3 - Windsor Spitfires
- IceDogs Lose Nail Biter 4-3 in Barrie - Niagara IceDogs
- Rangers Shut out in London - Kitchener Rangers
- Storm City Weekly - Guelph Storm
- Maatta to Stay with Pittsburgh - London Knights
- 67's add another defenceman from Ottawa - Ottawa 67's
- Oshawa Generals and Blyth Academy Announce Partnership - Oshawa Generals
- Rangers Fans Can 'Grow a Mo' and Win this Movember - Kitchener Rangers
- Oshawa Generals Announce Partnership with Blyth Academy - Oshawa Generals
- Penalties Costly for Sting - Sarnia Sting
- Bunting Nets the "Trick" as Hounds Handle Sting 8-3 - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.