Kelyn Rowe Wins MLS Player of the Week HonorsAugust 27, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - New England Revolution Press Release
Rowe scored two goals in an MLS game for the first time in his career, striking two long-distance goals on Sunday. His first, coming in the 26th minute, came off a leading pass from Chad Barrett on the run. Rowe ripped a 24-yard shot low to the side netting of the far post past Union keeper Zac MacMath to give the Revs a 1-0 lead. | WATCH THE GOAL
Rowe added his second - this time from 30 yards - in the 65th minute when he took a square pass from Dimitry Imbongo and let rip a shot that started left and bent right into the upper right corner past a diving MacMath. That goal put the Revs up 3-1 on the way to the final 5-1 score line. | WATCH THE GOAL
His second goal is also one of five nominees for MLS goal of the week. Voting is open until 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, Aug. 29. Fans can vote for Rowe's goal online at mlssoccer.com through 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, or by texting G5 to 22442.
Rowe's player of the week nod is his first in MLS, and the Revolution's second of the 2013 season. Diego Fagundez earned player of the week honors in Week 14 for a two-goal, one-assist effort in a 5-0 win over LA.
The Revolution returns to action on Friday, Aug. 30, when the team travels to face Toronto FC at BMO Field. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. The match will be televised by Comcast SportsNet and carried on the radio by 98.5 The Sports Hub.
Major League Soccer Stories from August 27, 2013
- Weaver's Brace Lifts Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- De La Fuente Excited to Participate in 'Practice in the Community' - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy Latest Win Nostalgic of Championship Years - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Appearance of Retired David Beckham at Training Lifts Spirits of LA Galaxy - Los Angeles Galaxy
- With Higuaín out, is Finley the man to step up? - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Defender A.J. DeLaGarza Commits to Guam - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chicago Fire to Host First Soccer & Style Fashion Show - Chicago Fire
- Reserve League Match 11: Crew Defeats FC Dallas, 3-1 - Columbus Crew SC
- Revolution Players to Bartend in Providence for Childhood Cancer Fundraiser - New England Revolution
- Quick Turnaround May Benefit Revolution After Big Win over Union - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Reserves Drop 3-1 Decision to Columbus Crew Reserves - FC Dallas
- Impact Soccer Schools Launch New Programs - Montreal Impact
- Houston Dynamo host Árabe Unido tonight in CONCACAF Champions League - Houston Dynamo
- Calderon Returns as Rapids Reserve - Colorado Rapids
- Chivas USA Sign Peruvian Midfielder Carlo Chueca - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- New York Battles D.C. United Saturday at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Kelyn Rowe Wins MLS Player of the Week Honors - New England Revolution
- Jerry Bengtson Called up to Honduras National Team for World Cup Qualifiers - New England Revolution
- Revolution Update - New England Revolution
- Seattle plays to a draw - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.