Brett Beebe Will Make Professional Debut in OntarioAugust 6, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Ontario Reign
"I'm very excited to play my first season of pro hockey with the Reign," Beebe said. "I've heard nothing but good things about the team and it'll be nice to be close to home for the first time in seven years. Playing in front of my friends and family will be a nice change."
Beebe, 23, will make his professional debut with the Reign after finishing a four year collegiate career at Western Michigan University (CCHA). In 58 total games with the Broncos, Beebe recorded 10 points (4g, 6a), 34 penalty minutes, and a plus-minus rating of -2.
A native of Redondo Beach, Calif., Beebe made an impression off the ice as well and was named the Co-Illitch Humanitarian Award Winner, a finalist for the Senior CLASS Award, Senior CLASS First Team All-American, and a finalist for the Hockey Humanitarian Award.
"The fans can expect to see a lot of energy from me," Beebe said. "I play a very hard game; I'm physical, I stick up for my teammates, and I like to think I can make some good plays. I want to score goals and help win the big games."
The 6-foot, 198-pound winger played two years of junior hockey in the USHL with the Waterloo Black Hawks for one season, when the team made it to the Clark Cup finals, and split his second season between Waterloo and the Chicago Steel. In 77 junior games, Beebe scored nine goals and assisted 17 for a total of 26 points and he racked up 152 penalty minutes between the two clubs.
While growing up in Southern California, Beebe was a member of the Midget 16 AAA California Wave team that brought home a national championship.
"I'm looking forward to bring back another Pacific Division Championship and hopefully a Kelly Cup with the Reign," Beebe said. "I'm excited to be a part of a first class organization and to play for Coach Christie and Coach Hardy. I am really excited to join this community."
ECHL Stories from August 6, 2013
- Thunder Re-Signs Right Wing Ryan Hayes - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Add Three to 2013-14 Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Brett Beebe Will Make Professional Debut in Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Agree to Terms with Finucci - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Defenseman Phil Oreskovic Returns to the Walleye for 2013-14 - Toledo Walleye
- Former DU Pioneer John Ryder Returns Home to Join Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Nailers Announce Preseason Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Net Championship Goaltender John Muse - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Rookie Forwards Marc Zanette and Ryan Santana - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.