Bulls Add Big, Mobile Defenseman Josh KiddAugust 2, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - San Francisco Bulls Press Release
"Josh is a big, mobile defenseman" said Bulls President and Head Coach Pat Curcio. "He has some AHL experience and has NHL potential. He's going to be a solid addition to our defense."
Kidd, 24, returns to the pro ranks after playing the previous four seasons at the University of New Brunswick. The 6-foot, 4-inch, 220-pound backliner was drafted by the Los Angeles Kings in the seventh round, 184th overall, of the 2007 NHL Entry draft. Kidd spent parts of two seasons with the American Hockey League's Manchester Monarchs from 2007-09. In 42 games, Kidd produced 10 points (2 goals, 8 assists).
"I'm looking forward to coming to a new team and making a difference," said Kidd. I'm hoping to contribute and get the team some wins. I'm a small town guy so it will be interesting to play in a big city like San Francisco."
In 2011 and 2013, Kidd helped lead the University of New Brunswick to the Canadian Interuniversity Sport University Cup. In 72 games with New Brunswick, Kidd totaled 26 points (7 goals, 19 assists). Prior to playing with Manchester, Kidd spent four seasons with the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League, producing 50 points (18 goals, 32 assists) and 229 penalty minutes in 232 games.
ECHL Stories from August 2, 2013
- Nathan Deck, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- K-Wings to Play Three Preseason Games - Kalamazoo Wings
- Aces Acquire Forward Jean-Michel Rizk - Alaska Aces
- Komets Deal Rizk Rights to Alaska for Hughes - Fort Wayne Komets
- Adam Hughesman Back for Second Wranglers Season - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bulls Add Big, Mobile Defenseman Josh Kidd - San Francisco Bulls
- Reign Dir. of Ticket Sales & Service Accepts Position in Berlin - Ontario Reign
- Gladiators Renew NHL Affiliation with Phoenix - Atlanta Gladiators
- Nailers Ink Veteran Forward Chaz Johnson - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Ready to Discuss Title Defense at Annual Town Hall Meeting - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.