B-Mets vs. Curve - Game Notes - August 1, 2013August 1, 2013 - Eastern League (EL) - Binghamton Mets Press Release
BINGHAMTON PITCHER: RHP Erik Goeddel makes his 20th start of the season for the B-Mets, and his third against the Curve. On May 28, he got a no-decision after throwing six innings on the hill. He allowed three runs and three hits in a game the B-Mets would win, 8-5. His other start came on July 1, when the game was suspended after just one inning of play. Goeddel lost his last start, July 26 vs. Trenton, where he allowed four runs in 4.2 innings. He walked four and gave up six hits in that outing. Goeddel is tied with two other players for the second-most wins in the league (9). In July, Goeddel went 2-2 with a 4.91 ERA in five starts.
ALTOONA PITCHER: LHP Eliecer Navarro makes his ninth start of the season with the Curve, and his first against the B-Mets. In his last start, he earned the win against New Hampshire on July 27. The lefty threw five innings and gave up two runs and five hits. In four home starts this season, Navarra is 1-2 with a 4.88 ERA. Opponents are hitting .240 in 44.0 innings with the Curve this season. Navarro began the season with Bradenton (High-A) where he went 1-9 with a 2.86 ERA in 69.1 innings. In 13 games with the Marauders, opponents hit .235 against the southpaw.
TURN THE CALENDAR: The B-Mets finished the month of July with a 16-13 record. They tied Erie and Harrisburg for the most wins in the month. Darrell Ceciliani posted the second-highest batting average in the league in July with a .382 clip. Wilfredo Tovar hit .318, and Danny Muno hit .329 with 17 RBI. As a team the B-Mets hit .262, and the pitching staff posted a 3.48 ERA.
IMPRESSIVE STREAK ENDS: Before Wednesday's loss to the Curve, the B-Mets were a perfect 57-0 when leading after seven innings. Adam Kolarek was charged with a blown save, and the loss. Over his last two starts Darin Gorski has allowed three runs in 16.0 innings, but has not received a win in either starts. Binghamton has lost both of those games.
REWRITE THE HISTORY BOOKS: Jeff Walters earned his 30th save of the season on Tuesday against Altoona, adding to his franchise record for most saves in a single season. He passed the record held by Jerrod Riggan, who recorded 28 saves in the 2000 season. The most career saves in Binghamton history is 36, set by Tim Lavigne. Walters is currently tied for second with Eddie Kunz (08, 10) on that list.
TRYING TO FIND THE BATS: Over their last seven games, Binghamton is hitting .180 (33-for-183) as a team. They are 3-4 during that stretch, and have been held to five hits or less in six of those seven games. They are hitting .229 (11-48) with runners in scoring position during that time.
HOMERLESS DROUGHT: As a team, Binghamton has only hit three home runs in their last 12 games. On the season, the B-Mets rank third in the league with 92 round trippers. Allan Dykstra is tied for second in the league with 18 home runs.
NEXT GAME PREVIEW: The B-Mets continues their six-game roadtrip with a three-game series against the Harrisburg Senators. First pitch on Friday is set for 7:00 PM as Binghamton sends RHP Greg Peavey against RHP Taylor Hill for the Senators.
Eastern League Stories from August 1, 2013
- B-Mets Run out of Steam in Thirteenth, 2-1 - Binghamton Mets
- Carlos Paulino, Curve Walk off on B-Mets - Altoona Curve
- Thunder Offense Neutralized in 3-1 Loss - Trenton Thunder
- Senators Take Rubber Game in Trenton 3-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Fightins Sacrificed by SeaWolves in 2-0 Loss - Reading Fightin Phils
- Perez Hurls Gem in Shutout Win over Phils - Erie SeaWolves
- Alex Rodriguez to Rehab in Trenton Friday & Saturday - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Release 2014 Schedule - Altoona Curve
- Thunder Announce 20th Season All-Time Team - Trenton Thunder
- Altoona Curve Game Information: August 1, 2013 - Altoona Curve
- SeaWolves vs. Fightin Phils - Game Notes - August 1, 2013 - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Sneak Past Fisher Cats, 4-3 - Bowie Baysox
- Murphy's Three Hits Not Enough in 4-3 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rock Cats Sweep Aeros out of Town - Akron RubberDucks
- Rock Cats Complete Sweep With 9-5 Win - New Britain Rock Cats
- Sea Dogs vs. Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - August 1, 2013 - Portland Sea Dogs
- LHP Henry Owens Promoted to Portland - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets vs. Curve - Game Notes - August 1, 2013 - Binghamton Mets
- SeaWolves Mascot Named Top Mascot in Eastern League - Erie SeaWolves
- Senators Home for Six Games Beginning Friday Night - Harrisburg Senators
- Starting Pitcher Matt Tracy Activated From DL - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Partner with Goodwill for Donation Drive - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.