Bettis Promoted to the RockiesAugust 1, 2013 - Texas League (TL) Tulsa Drillers
Tulsa Drillers starting pitcher Chad Bettis will make his Major League debut with the Rockies Thursday in Atlanta. (Rich Crimi) Bettis began the 2013 season ranked as the organization's top pitching prospect according to MLB.com. Despite missing seven weeks due to a strained oblique muscle, he went 3-4 with a 3.71 ERA in 12 starts with Tulsa. He struck out 68 and walked just 13 in 63 innings.
After being named California League Pitcher of the Year in 2011 while with the Modesto Nuts, Bettis was on track to begin last season with the Drillers. However, a shoulder injury sidelined the highly touted prospect for the entire 2012 campaign.
Colorado selected Bettis with its second round pick (76th overall) in the 2010 First-Year Player Draft out of Texas Tech University.
Texas League Stories from August 1, 2013
- Lindsey Grand Slam Highlights Travs Fourth Straight Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Frisco Tops Missions with Big Innings - Frisco RoughRiders
- Canham, Cuthbert Lead Naturals to Victory - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- RoughRiders Receive Five From Myrtle Beach - Frisco RoughRiders
- Bettis Promoted to the Rockies - Tulsa Drillers
- Struggles Continue At Home For Hounds - Midland RockHounds
- Homestand Highlights: August 1 - August 4 - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Martinez Stops Slide - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Missions Denied Sweep in 4-3 Loss to Hooks - San Antonio Missions