Outlaws Set MLL Win-Percentage Record, Earn Top Playoff SeedJuly 27, 2013 - Major League Lacrosse (MLL) Denver Outlaws
The previous win-percentage record was shared by four teams who all went 10-2 (.833 pct.). At 12-0, the Outlaws are guaranteed no worse than a 12-2 (.857 pct.) finish.
Saturday's win marked Denver's 18th consecutive regular-season victory, a mark that has more than doubled the previous league record for seven straight wins. The Outlaws' 12 wins on the year tie a league record that was last reached in 2002.
Denver's 7-0 home record this year represents the first seven-win home campaign by a team in league history and just the fourth undefeated home record for a season in league annals. The Outlaws went 6-0 at home in 2008, which is the last season a team accomplished that feat.
Major League Lacrosse Stories from July 27, 2013
- Nationals Clinch Playoff Berth - Hamilton Nationals
- Hounds Back in Playoff Spot with Win over Machine - Charlotte Hounds
- Boston Cannons Fall to Hamilton Nationals, 17-12 - Boston Cannons
- Outlaws Set MLL Win-Percentage Record, Earn Top Playoff Seed - Denver Outlaws
- Westervelt's Four Goals Not Enough as Chesapeake Falls at Denver - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Hamilton to Send Eight to U.S. National Team Tryouts - Hamilton Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.