'Dogs Fans Help Raise Over $2,500 to Fight HungerJuly 26, 2013 - American Association (AA) Lincoln Saltdogs
Various restaurants set up booths where Dogs fans could purchase food samples for $1. All proceeds went to the Food Bank to help fight hunger in Southeast Nebraska.
"We'd like to thank all of the sponsors and all of the fans for coming out to support this event in a big way," said Toby Antonson, Saltdogs Director of Ticketing. "It was a great night, we received tremendous support and this should go a long way toward helping the Food Bank of Lincoln."
Local restaurants that participated included: Cappy's; Greenfield's Cafe; Raising Canes; Fuzzy's Taco Shop; Venue; Fazoli's; Grandmother's; Miller Time Pub & Grill; Goodcents' Sam & Louie's; The Egg & I and Blue Bunny.
In 2012, fans helped raise nearly $2,300 at the inaugural Saltdogs Fan Feast.
The Food Bank of Lincoln has been committed to alleviating hunger since 1982. For more ways to get involved, visit www.lincolnfoodbank.org.
American Association Stories from July 26, 2013
- Sox Pitching Downs Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Win Second Straight - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks fall 3-1 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canaries rout Lincoln - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Lose Ground in the Wild Card with 4-3 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Canaries Jump to Big Lead Early, Cruise for Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Dotson's Smash Leads to Victory Over Wingnuts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- So Close, But Fish Fall Short - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Fall Short in Grand Prairie - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Squelch T-Bones in Series Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Lose Ground In the Wild Card With 4-3 Loss To Railcats - St. Paul Saints
- AirHogs sweep Diablos in three game series - El Paso Diablos
- Huge Night in Store Tonight at Uni-Trade Stadium - Laredo Lemurs
- Zac Mitchell Play Featured on Sportscenter Top 10 Plays and MLB Network - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Fans Help Raise Over $2,500 to Fight Hunger - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 26th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox Sneak by Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.