Coffman's Walk-Off Home Run Wins It for TigersJuly 24, 2013 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Connecticut Tigers
The Tigers saw key contribution from 3B Brett Harrison (2-4) who had a pair of hits and two RBI's in the game. Trailing 6-5 in the eight inning, Harrison hit a key solo home run that tied the game at 6-6. It was Harrison's fourth of the year. LF Raph Rhymes (1-4) contributed to the action with a an RBI single that scored Coffman in the fourth inning that gave the Tigers a 5-3 lead.
Credit the Yankees who fought hard all game long as they trailed 3-0 after two innings. Then trailed 5-3 after five innings. The key contributers for the Yankees CF Brandon Thomas (3-4) including an RBI single and a run scored. 1B Bubba Jones (3-3) gave the Yankees their first lead in the seventh inning on an RBI double to deep center field that scored RF Yeicok Calderon (0-4) and DH Kaley Sumner (0-5) to put them on top 6-5.
The Tigers and the Staten Island Yankees wrap up their three-game seriers at Dodd Stadium tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. In the series finale RHP Chase Edwards (0-0, 3.86) gets the start for the Tigers. LHP Conner Kendrick (1-1, 7.30) gets the start for the Yankees. It's Thirsty Thursday: Pre-Game Happy Hour & Drink Specials. The gates open at 5:00 p.m. for a special pre-game Happy Hour at The Hole in the Wall Bar on the first base concourse featuring live music and drink specials. Bud and Bud Light Drafts are $2 all night! Pregame radio coverage begins at 6:50 pm. On AM 1310 WICH. You can also stream the game at cttigers.com
The Connecticut Tigers are the Class-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers and play in the New York-Penn League. The Tigers are in their 4th season at Dodd Stadium. Tickets are now on sale! The Box Office is open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. In addition, tickets can be purchased over the phone at (860) 887-7962. For more information go online to cttigers.com.
New York-Penn League Stories from July 24, 2013
- ValleyCats Get Even Again - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Vermont Rallies In 8th Inning For 7-5 Win On Wednesday - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Coffman's Walk-Off Home Run Wins It for Tigers - Connecticut Tigers
- Lake Monsters Storm Back in 8th, Win 7-5 - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes Fall to Scrappers in Game One, 2-1, on Bases-Loaded Walk - State College Spikes
- IronBirds vs. Lake Monsters - Game Notes - July 24, 2013 - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes vs. Scrappers - Game Notes - July 24, 2013 - State College Spikes
- Lowell Taken for a Spin - Lowell Spinners
- Spikes Announce Meet and Greet with Mountain Man from Duck Dynasty - State College Spikes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.