Ducks Re-Sign Defenseman Mat ClarkJuly 15, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Norfolk Admirals
Clark, 6-foot-3, 225 pounds, led all Admirals with 71 games played last season. He posted one goal and ten points with 79 penalty minutes. Following the AHL regular season, Clark was recalled by Anaheim on April 27th, but did not appear in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. In 214 career AHL games between the Admirals, Syracuse Crunch and Manitoba Moose, Clark has posted four goals and 38 points with 279 penalty minutes. He has also appeared in 10 career Calder Cup Playoff games, netting one goal and two points with 11 penalty minutes.
A 22-year-old native of Wheat Ridge, Colorado, Clark has appeared in two career NHL games with the Ducks, going scoreless in 2011-12. Anaheim selected Clark in the second round (37th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He also appeared in 129 career junior games with the OHL's Brampton Battalion, netting ten goals and 46 points with 179 penalty minutes.
American Hockey League Stories from July 15, 2013
- G Jacob Markstrom Signs Two-Year Contract with Florida - San Antonio Rampage
- Ducks Re-Sign Defenseman Mat Clark - Norfolk Admirals
- Canadiens Ink Sven Andrighetto - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Blake Geoffrion Announces His Retirement - Hamilton Bulldogs
- John Anderson Returns as Head Coach of the Chicago Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Lightning Re-Sign Forward J.T. Brown - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Sign Joe Lavin - Springfield Falcons
- Martinez And Kings Agree On A New Two-Year Contract - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.