Grizzlies Finish Homestand with 8-3 Loss to RenoJuly 11, 2013 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Fresno Grizzlies Press Release
Reno's Matt Davidson hit a grand slam in the third inning off Fresno starting pitcher Chris Heston to provide all the necessary runs for the Aces.
The four runs were all Heston allowed over his five innings. The right-hander struck out four and walked three in his sixth loss of the season.
Chris Owings had an RBI single in the sixth before the Aces scored three insurance runs in the eighth. Mike Jacobs hit an RBI single to score Josh Wilson for the inning's first run while Tony Campana later scored on a wild pitch. Davidson drove in the final run in the eighth with a groundout.
Dan Runzler surrendered all three eighth inning runs. The eight-inning outburst snapped a streak of 24 straight innings in which the Fresno bullpen did not allow an earned run.
The grand slam allowed was the eighth surrendered by Fresno this season, which matches the entire grand slam output by opponents from a season ago. The Grizzlies lead the PCL in grand slams allowed in 2013.
Gary Brown finished with two hits, including an RBI double in the third inning. Juan Perez and Jeff Francoeur each had a run-scoring single in the fifth that pulled the Grizzlies within one run.
Ehire Adrianza went 1-for-3 in his 2013 debut with the Grizzlies.
Carter Jurica reached base safely three times with two walks and a single.
Reno's Matt Wright earned the win in his Aces debut after allowing three runs over 5 2/3 innings.
The Grizzlies head to Sacramento for a four-game road trip to complete the unofficial first half of the season. Left-hander Eric Surkamp will take the bump for Fresno and go up against Sacramento's right-hander Bruce Billings on Thursday.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 11, 2013
- Zephyrs Shut Down RedHawks, 11-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Win Fourth Straight - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Clip Redbirds in Series Opener, 7-6 - Nashville Sounds
- Four-Run First Lifts Chasers in Series Opener - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Four-Run First Downs Express in 4-2 Loss - Round Rock Express
- Bowden Called up by Chicago - Iowa Cubs
- Vasquez Joins Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RHP Josh Lindblom Rejoins Express - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks vs. Zephyrs - Game Notes - July 11, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Mysterious Ways Postgame Concert: Saturday, July 20 - Round Rock Express
- Fiesta Mexicana de Beisbol de los Dos Nogales - Tucson Padres
- Royals Recall LHP Donnie Joseph - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tacoma gets past Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Grizzlies Finish Homestand with 8-3 Loss to Reno - Fresno Grizzlies
- Rainiers Edge Tucson, 6-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davidson Slams Aces to Series Win - Reno Aces
- Cubs' Comeback Comes up Short in New Orleans - Iowa Cubs
- Albuquerque Sweeps Sounds - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Swept in Albuquerque with 9-2 Defeat - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.