Kelowna Falcons Drop Series FinaleJuly 11, 2013 - West Coast League (WCL) Kelowna Falcons
Things didn't start well for the Falcons as they found themselves down 3-0 after the first inning and a half. The bats did come alive in the bottom of the second however scoring two runs. Chandler Tracy would hit his league leading fifth homerun of the season, scoring Grayson Porter ahead of him.
The celebration was short lived however as the Black Bears exploded for six runs in their next at bats chasing Falcons starter Jason Mouton and reliever Cody Lahman.
The Falcons would get one more in the bottom of the fourth as Scotland Church recorded his second RBI in as many nights.
Five Falcons pitchers would give up 15 hits and the defense committed three errors.
Thursday night the Falcons (8-22) will begin their first series of the season with the Kitsap Bluejackets (12-21) who are coming off a win in Bellingham on Wednesday. Preston Gray (1-0) is the scheduled starter.
On Saturday night the Falcons in partnership with the Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs will be collecting your gently used baseball equipment for donation to the Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs. All donated items will stay in the Okanagan and help kids get an opportunity to learn the game with the proper equipment.
West Coast League Stories from July 11, 2013
- Miss Oregon to Appear at Rogues Game - Medford Rogues
- Knights to Reach Attendance Milestone - Corvallis Knights
- Sweet Sweep: Walla Walla Wins Big - Walla Walla Sweets
- Fisher's Two Run Double Completes Gems' Comeback over Top Speed 14-13 - Klamath Falls Gems
- Kelowna Falcons Drop Series Finale - Kelowna Falcons
- Bend Loses to Medford 7-5 - Bend Elks
- Parker Miles Leads Medford over Bend - Medford Rogues
- Kitsap Takes Series Finale from Bells 2-1 - Bellingham Bells
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.