Wingnuts Blanked in Grand PrairieJuly 3, 2013 - American Association (AA) Wichita Wingnuts
AirHogs' starter Jared Mortensen earned the win, scattering six hits over eight shutout innings. Mortensen walked one and struck out 10.
Patrick Mincey worked a scorelss top of the ninth to earn his second save of the series.
Grand Prairie scored the first run of the game in the bottom of the third. Yasutsugu Nishimoto led off with a bloop single to left field. Nishimoto stole second base and scored on Brandon Pinckney's RBI double to left.
Juan Richardson led off the bottom of the fourth with a line drive single to left. Richardson went to third on Kenny Held's single to right and scored on a wild pitch from Wingnuts' starter Junior Guerra.
Guerra took the loss, allowing three earned runs on eight hits in five and two-thirds innings. Guerra walked one and struck out six.
The AirHogs' final run came in the bottom of the sixth on a two-out, RBI single to center from Bubba Dotson.
Wichita received two and one-third scoreless relief innings from Nick Walters, Josh Stone, and Daniel Bennett. Colt Loehrs had two hits for the Wingnuts.
Game three of the series is Thursday evening at 6:05 p.m. Anthony Capra takes on left-hander Brandon Bargos. All the action can be heard locally on Oldies 92.7 KWME and worldwide at www.pressboxproductionsradio.com
The Wingnuts return home on Saturday, July 6th when they host the Amarillo Sox at 7:05 p.m. Individual tickets can be purchased by calling (316) 755-SEAT, or by visiting www.selectaseat.com
Beginning this season, fans can use cash at all points of sale in Lawrence-Dumont Stadium. Debit and credit cards will still be accepted.
For season tickets, group outings, or party packages, call the Wingnuts' main office at (316) 264-NUTS, or visit the Wingnuts' official website at www.wichitawingnuts.com.
American Association Stories from July 3, 2013
- Mortensen Dominates in AirHogs Victory Over Wingnuts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Explorers Split Doubleheader With Gary - Sioux City Explorers
- Fish Turn Tables on the Saints - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Blanked in Grand Prairie - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Whitewash Explorers to Gain Split - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Get Great Starting Pitching, But Can't Finish It off Losing on a Walk-Off 3-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Stanton Shuts Down Saltdogs to Win Duel - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Independence Day Celebration, Presented by Snapple and Cub Foods on July 6, Will Honor Disabl - St. Paul Saints
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 3rd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Amarillo Postponed Tonight, Doubleheader Set For Tomorrow - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Torbert to Be Inducted Into Canaries Hall of Fame - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Zavada Signed by Padres - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Williamson Solid to Start July - Laredo Lemurs
- Victory Slips Away in Extra Innings - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Late inning runs cost Diablos a win - El Paso Diablos
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Saints Breathe a Sigh of Relief as They Work Extras for 9-8 Win - St. Paul Saints
- RedHawks Pull Away Late to Take Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.