OF Ray Sadler Acquired From T-BonesJuly 2, 2013 - American Association (AA) - Winnipeg Goldeyes Press Release
Sadler, 32, is in his 14th professional season and has played the last four seasons with Kansas City. In 41 games with the T-Bones this season, he hit .218 with 10 home runs, 22 RBI and eight stolen bases on nine attempts. He has a .295 batting average in 323 games at the independent level, along with 71 home runs and 268 RBI. He has hit 20 or more home runs in each of the last three seasons.
Selected by the Chicago Cubs in the 30th round of the 1999 MLB Amateur Draft, Sadler reached the Major Leagues with the Pittsburgh Pirates for three games in 2005. His first hit in the Majors was a home run against the San Francisco Giants. His professional resume includes parts of eight seasons at Double-A and four seasons at Triple-A.
The Goldeyes have also released left-handed pitcher Aaron Correa and outfielder Leonard Davis, who has elected to retire from professional baseball.
Winnipeg now has 21 players on their active roster, including 10 pitchers and 11 position players.
American Association Stories from July 2, 2013
- Pahuta Strikes Again in Birds' Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Kansas City Drops Opener to Sioux Falls - Kansas City T-Bones
- Sox home win streak ends at eleven - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Wingnuts Fall Short in Grand Prairie - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats and Explorers Rained Out - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Former Lemur Roe Makes MLB Debut - Laredo Lemurs
- T-Bones Sign Connor Graham; Meade to DL - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 2nd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diamondbacks Buy Contract of Amarillo OF Peralta - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- Diablos Announce Upcoming Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- Saints to Host Faith and Family Night - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Announce Upcoming Promotions - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Mets Sign Cody Satterwhite - Sioux City Explorers
- T-Bones Sign Veteran OF Joey Gathright - Kansas City T-Bones
- OF Ray Sadler Acquired From T-Bones - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.