Kalenkosky Sends Braves Home with a WinJune 26, 2013 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Rome Braves Press Release
Kannapolis got an early two run lead in the top of the first. Micah Johnson and Tim Anderson had back to back hits to start off the inning. Keon Barnum grounded into a fielder's choice, which scored Johnson for the first run and moving Anderson to third. He later scored on a balk by Rome pitcher Frank Lafreniere.
The Braves came back with a four run bottom half of the first. Jose Peraza reached on a walk to start the inning and moved to third when Kannapolis misplayed a ground ball hit by Ross Heffley to put runners on the corners. Josh Elander then singled to plate Peraza. Heffley also scored on a throwing error by Anderson on the same play. Tyler Tewell added a two RBI double making it a 4-2 game.
Kannapolis scored three times on three hits in the fourth to retake the lead 5-3. Rome tied the contest again in the bottom half of the inning when Felix Marte reached first on an error and later scored on another fielding misplay. The Intimidators regained the lead 6-5 in the eighth on an RBI single by Micah Johnson.
In the bottom of the ninth the Braves would rally. After one out, Heffley doubled and Elander followed with a walk putting runners at first and second. Pitcher, David Cales, threw a wild pitch allowing both runners to advance ninety feet. Edison Sanchez then struck out swinging for the second out of the inning. Carlos Franco was intentionally walked to load the bases. On a 2-2 pitch, Casey Kalenkosky lined a single to center scoring two runs giving Rome the win by a final score of 7-6.
Eric Pfisterer (1-0) gets his first professional win and Adam Lopez (1-2) records the loss.
Rome hits the road for games in Savannah and Charleston before returning home on July fourth. For ticket information, contact the Rome Braves at 706-378-5144 or log onto www.romebraves.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from June 26, 2013
- Kalenkosky Sends Braves Home with a Win - Rome Braves
- Drive Complete Sweep of RiverDogs with 7-5 Victory - Greenville Drive
- Power Outlasts Hagerstown in 12 - West Virginia Power
- Greenville Spoils Bird's Big Night - Charleston RiverDogs
- Rome Walks off to Avoid Sweep - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Legends' Almonte Named to World Team for Futures Game - Lexington Legends
- Tourists' Double-Header Sweep Highlighted by Flemer Gem, Home Runs - Asheville Tourists
- Crawdads Hold Off Legends for 3-2 Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Intimidators vs. Braves - Game Notes - June 26, 2013 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Legends Drop Series Finale in Hickory, 3-2 - Lexington Legends
- Shorebirds Five-Run Eigth Vaults Them to 7-6 Victory - Delmarva Shorebirds
- 5-Run 8th Inning Dooms Claws - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Power vs. Suns - Game Notes - June 26, 2013 - West Virginia Power
- Miss Lou Lou Gehrig Sent to Extended Spring Training - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.