Rainiers Crush Colorado Springs, 16-4June 19, 2013 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Tacoma Rainiers Press Release
Carlos Peguero went 2-for-4 on the way to driving in a season-high six runs. The outfielder drew a bases-loaded walk in the fifth inning, lined a three-run triple in the sixth and drove in two more with a double in the eighth.
Dustin Ackley and Alex Liddi each contributed three hits and scored four runs in the second game of the four-game series at the Sky Sox.
The first of Ackley's three singles drove in Abraham Almonte with one out in the first inning to give Tacoma an early 1-0 lead. Ackley has now hit safely in 18 of his last 19 games and is batting .400 over his first 20 games since joining Tacoma on May 28.
Liddi upped the Rainiers 1-0 advantage to three runs with a two-run home run in the top of the first - his 10th homer of the season and first since being optioned to Tacoma from Seattle on June 18.
Franklin Gutierrez and Robert Andino each contributed two-hit efforts, with Andino delivering a two-out solo home run in the second inning.
Right-hander Jonathan Arias (2-1) earned the win after holding the Sky Sox to two runs on two hits over 3.2 innings of work out of the bullpen. Relievers Bobby LaFromboise, Brian Moran and Logan Bawcom combined to shut out Colorado Springs over the game's final 4.1 frames.
Starter Brandon Maurer tossed just one inning before exiting early after experiencing tightness in his lower back.
The Rainiers (44-30) play the third game of the team's four-game series at the Sky Sox (39-32) at 6:05 p.m. tomorrow, June 20. Right-hander Hector Noesi (1-1, 7.63) will start for Tacoma against Colorado Springs' right-hander Drew Carpenter (1-3, 5.21).
Every Rainiers game throughout the 2013 season can be heard live on South Sound Sports 850-AM and is available for online streaming at www.tacomarainiers.com.
To purchase season tickets, group packages or party decks for the 2013 season, call (253) 752-7707 or email email@example.com. Up-to-date news and notes throughout the season can be found at www.tacomarainiers.com and by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 19, 2013
- Z's Win on Skipworth's Walk-Off Grand Slam in Ninth - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Skipworth's Slam Sinks RedHawks, 4-3 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Snap Six-Game Losing Skid with 9-4 Win in Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Split Doubleheader in Iowa - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Allow 16 Hits in 16-4 Loss to the Rainiers - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Hayes' Late Homer Salvages Twin Bill Split - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Crush Colorado Springs, 16-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Split Twin Bill in Omaha - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Triple-A All-Star FanFest Comes to Reno July 14-15 - Reno Aces
- Bees' June 21 Game to Feature Food Challenge with Kobayashi - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks vs. Zephyrs - Game Notes - June 19, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Omaha Storm Chasers June 19th Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kyle Fleming Celebrates Home Run For Life at June 22 RedHawks Game - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Easley Slams Aces to Walk Off Win - Reno Aces
- Anna's Triple Lifts Tucson to 5-2 Victory - Tucson Padres
- River Cats Blanked by Bees, 10-0 - Sacramento River Cats
- Chris Volstad's Strong Outing Leads Colorado Springs over Tacoma - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Struggling Storm Chasers Fall to Topes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rainiers Drop Opener At Colorado Springs, 4-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Express Blows out Redbirds in Series Opener 9-2 - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.