Rox Drop Matinee 6-0 to MankatoJune 19, 2013 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) - St. Cloud Rox Press Release
It was Youth Day at the ballpark presented by the Boys and Girls Club of Central Minnesota and the stadium was filled with kids of all ages enjoying some Rox Solid entertainment.
The game was all MoonDogs as they posted three runs in the top of the second for an early lead over the Rox. Two of the MoonDogs' runs came on a two run home run by left fielder Timothy Arakawa. Mankato would score another run in the top of the third taking a 4-0 lead over the Rox off a single.
Scoring was stagnant for a couple innings until Mankato took a 5-0 lead in the top of the sixth and then sealed a 6-0 victory over the St. Cloud Rox in the top of the ninth on a two out single.
Earning the start for the Rox on the mound was red-shirt junior Kyle Fischer (St. Cloud State University) pitching 4.1 innings and recording the loss. Fischer moves his record to 2-2 on the season. Reese Gregory (Fr., St. Cloud State University) and John Oltman (R-Fr., Creighton University) also saw some action in Wednesday's game pitching 1.2 innings and 3.0 innings respectively.
Your St. Cloud Times Rox' player of the game tonight goes to Reese Gregory. Gregory came into the game as a relief pitcher for the Rox pitching 1.2 innings of work only allowing one run in the game.
The St. Cloud Rox (9-13, 9-13 North) will be back in action Thursday as they travel to Waterloo, Iowa to take on the Waterloo Bucks. Game time is set for 6:35 p.m. at Riverfront Stadium.
St. Cloud will be back at home for three straight games starting on Monday, June 24 as they welcome the Alexandria Blue Anchors for one and then the Rochester Honkers for two. Game times are slated for 7:05 p.m. each day.
Monday, June 24 will be a Tattoo Night, presented by Wingnut Tattoo and Body Piercing. Fans can register at the game for your chance to win a free Rox tattoo and the first 400 kids 14 and under will receive a Rox temporary tattoo. It will also be "Military Mondays" presented by Regional Diagnostic Radiology, Active military members or veterans with a valid ID or military discharge papers receive a half priced reserved ticket. (Available day of game only.)
Tuesday, June 25 is a Rox Poster Schedule Giveaway, presented by Rengel Printing. All fans will receive a 2013 Rox poster at the gate. It will also be "Not Too Old Tuesdays" presented by The Legend's of Heritage Place. The first 75 fans, 60 years & older receive a Rox seat cushion and reserved tickets for fans 60 years and older are half off!
The Rox final home game in the three game stand on Wednesday, June 26 will be a Mustache Night, presented by Wells Fargo where the first 250 kids 14 & under receive a mustache. It is also "College ID Night!" presented by 104.7 KCLD and WILD Country 99. For the game, all fans that show their college ID will receive a Charter Sports Deck ticket for half price. One lucky fan will win a pair of WE FEST tickets at each game.
For some awesome Rox Solid Fun entertainment at the ballpark, get your tickets now by stopping by the St. Cloud Rox Ticket Office, by calling (320) 240-9798 or online at www.stcloudrox.com/tickets.
Northwoods League Stories from June 19, 2013
- Loggers Defeat Express - La Crosse Loggers
- Two Rough Innings Haunt Mallards in Green Bay - Madison Mallards
- Bullfrogs Break out Bats, Defeat Mallards 8-3 - Green Bay Bullfrogs
- Rafters Sweep Doubleheader, Take Season Series against Woodchucks - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Big 3rd for Bombers Contributes to 5-2 Win over Chinooks - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Honkers Complete Third Consecutive Series Sweep - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Walk-Off 4-3 on Chucks to Sweep Double-Header - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rafters overcome Carter, Woodchucks 6-3 in Game 1 of double-header - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Drop Matinee 6-0 to Mankato - St. Cloud Rox
- Rhodes Named Northwoods League Pitcher of the Night - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Look for Ninth Win in Last 11 - Madison Mallards
- Anchors Downed, Stingers Sweep Double Header - Willmar Stingers
- Mallards Complete Sweep in Battle Creek - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rox Fall to Mankato Monday, 11-4 - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.