CornBelters Comeback Falls Short at Lake ErieJune 18, 2013 - Frontier League (FL) - Normal CornBelters Press Release
The CornBelters tallied in the first inning when Matt Wright served a base hit to left field with two outs, scoring T.J. Gavlik.
The Crushers gained a 3-1 lead with a big sixth inning, all after two were out beginning with a walk and four straight hits with an error when a throw to the plate was dropped to extend the frame.
Lake Erie added to the lead in the seventh with three straight hits off starter Ryan Demmin to end his night with the Crushers leading 4-2.
The Belters started the ninth with an inside-the-park home run by McKenna off the base of the center field wall, but despite a no-out walk to Matt Wright, the CornBelters could not push across the tying run.
Crushers starter Dave Middendorf (4-2) worked eight innings of five-hit ball for the win while Demmin (2-2) took the loss. Dale Dickerson pitched the ninth for his third save.
THE NIBLET : Looking for a fun family or employee outing? Bring your group to The Corn Crib! We have packages with seats that start at just $8 for a group of 20 or more. For more information contact Joe Rejc at (309) 451-3452 or email@example.com today!
Frontier League Stories from June 18, 2013
- Boomers Top Greys in Extras - Schaumburg Boomers
- Sullivan and Bats Lead to Win - Southern Illinois Miners
- Miners Take Series Opener from Grizzlies in Marion - Gateway Grizzlies
- Beach Bums Win Sixth Straight - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Trio of runs in the sixth push Crushers past Cornbelters - Lake Erie Crushers
- Wild Things Lose First Game Of Series Vs. Traverse City 6-2 - Washington Wild Things
- CornBelters Comeback Falls Short at Lake Erie - Normal CornBelters
- Fireworks, Abraham Lincoln, Fan Giveaways Highlight Otters Homestand - Evansville Otters
- Stubblefield's Contract Selected by Padres - Southern Illinois Miners
- Bats Go Quiet in Rockford's 3-1 Loss at River City - Rockford Aviators
- CornBelters Sign A Familiar Face - Normal CornBelters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.