Inability to Convert Chances Costs Crew in Reserve League TiltJune 16, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Columbus Crew SC
Columbus forced the Impact's goalkeeper, Evan Bush, to make a number of saves in the first half to keep the game 0-0. Bush's most important save, however, came when he stopped Tony Tchani's penalty in the 81st minute following a foul on Justin Meram in the box. Montreal then scored in the 87th minute when Mircea Ilcu got behind the defense following a long ball from the back.
Following the 4-4 draw against the Dayton Dutch Lions on June 8, Lampson credited the defensive effort of the team but emphasized the need to take the chances they created.
"I thought our spacing was much better, especially in the first half, in this game. And we stayed very compact and didn't get picked apart like at times in the Dayton match. I thought overall the performance was fantastic we just have to put the ball in the back of the net. That's the bottom line."
Major League Soccer Stories from June 16, 2013
- Chivas USA Fall 1-0 to Chivas Guadalajara in Friendly - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Inability to Convert Chances Costs Crew in Reserve League Tilt - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Reserve League Match 7: Crew Falls to Montreal 1-0 - Columbus Crew SC
- Heaps: "It Would be a Mistake for Us not to Learn from this Game" - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Squad of 1996 Serves as the Inspiration for New Third Kit - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Play to 1-1 Reserve League Draw with the L.A. Blues - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC defeat Revolution - New England Revolution
- Kenny Miller scores a pair in Whitecaps FC win - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- TIMBERS U-23s RALLY FOR 2-2 COMEBACK DRAW AT KITSAP - Portland Timbers
- San Jose Earthquakes Pick up Road Win against Colorado Rapids, 2-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.