Alexandria Aces to Start Alexandria NativeJune 12, 2013 - United League Baseball (ULB) Alexandria Aces
The 27-year-old righthander is a graduate of Alexandria High School and played collegiately at Louisiana College.
In 2008, Mayeux was a part of the Wildcats' bullpen, compiling a nifty 18-5 strikeouts to walks ratio in 20 1/3 innings. He also allowed 29 hits and started two games, losing his only decision.
In other Aces news, Craig Littleman has been activated from the inactive list and will be in the lineup tonight at third base after missing two weeks with a pulled hamstring. Littleman was 2 for 9 with the Aces this season prior to his injury.
Cameron Dullnig, who started at third base in Littleman's abscense, will move to the bullpen. Dullnig impressed manager Von Hayes with his command and pitch selection while pitching a perfect inning of relief at Rio Grande Valley June 6.
Dullnig saved 10 games and compiled a perfect 0.00 earned run average in 20 1/3 innings at Texas A & M-Kingsville in 2012, when he was named the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association South Central Region Player of the Year. He has allowed only one earned run in three innings pitched this year.
Otherwise, Dullnig hit .233 with no home runs and six RBIs. He was also struck by six pitches, which ties three other players, including Aces' second baseman Eddie Murray, for the United League lead.
To make room for these changes, pitchers Ryan Zimmerman and Brandon Creath were placed on the inactive list.
Former LSU-Alexandria pitcher Aryo Fleming was also released from the inactive list. The Atlanta Braves' 35th round draft choice in 2006, Fleming had appeared in four games this season, compiling a 12.00 ERA.
United League Baseball Stories from June 12, 2013
- Thunder Beat Colts, 5-4, in Extras - San Angelo Colts
- Cats Lose Heartbreaker in Extra Innings - Fort Worth Cats
- Early Runs Enough for Edinburg - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Gidora Makes Pro Debute; Edinburg Wins Game Three - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Alexandria Aces to Start Alexandria Native - Alexandria Aces
- Texas Summer League Approaching - Fort Worth Cats
- Cats Beat Aces, 8-7, in 9th - Alexandria Aces
- Wings Use Big Inning to Defeat Edinburg - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Colts Comeback Falls Short vs. McAllen - San Angelo Colts
- Cats Win Wild One in Alexandria - Fort Worth Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.