Baysox Host Star Wars Night June 22June 5, 2013 - Eastern League (EL) Bowie Baysox
The Baysox have long supported the rebel alliance, hosting Jedi Knights, rebel pilots and other members of the Terrapin Base of the Rebel Legion. The conflict begins when Darth Vader, storm troopers and other members of the Old Line Garrison and Garrison Tyranus of the 501st Legion invade the ballpark to quell the resistance. The battle will be decided on the field as Jedi Knights and Sith Lords from Saber Guild and Jedi Saber Combat hold lightsaber battles between innings and before the fireworks.
New this season, fans can take part in the Death Star putt-putt game outside the stadium and on the main stadium concourse. There will also be a memorabilia display from the Star Wars Museum for fans to view.
Promotions Manager Chris Rogers is excited for the event. "Star Wars Saturday is one of my favorite events of the year because you truly feel like you are inside a Star Wars movie with Darth Vader standing next to you and Jedi Knights strolling by," Rogers said. "The movie quality costumes worn by the actors are incredible and this night is an amazing experience whether you are a life-long Star Wars fan or just coming to the ballpark for the first time."
Since its release on May 25, 1977, "Star Wars" has been an integral part of American pop culture, spanning six films, an animated series, several video games and numerous works of fiction.
Eastern League Stories from June 5, 2013
- Packer, Aeros Bats Rally To Sink Fisher Cats - Akron RubberDucks
- Pimentel, Lambo Put Curve by Fightins, 7-3 - Altoona Curve
- Early Deficit Dooms B-Mets, 10-6 - Binghamton Mets
- Glenn Homers in 11-2 Loss at Akron - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Britton Tosses Gem over Erie - Erie SeaWolves
- Britton dominates in Portland's 6-0 win at Erie - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rock Cats Receive Overdue Snodgrassing; Squirrels Prevail, 3-2 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- SeaWolves vs. Sea Dogs - Game Notes - June 5, 2013 - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs vs. SeaWolves - Game Notes - June 5, 2013 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Altoona Curve Game Information: June 5, 2013 - Altoona Curve
- INF Walter Ibarra & RHP Matt Daley Promoted to Triple-A - Trenton Thunder
- B-Mets vs. Thunder - Game Notes - June 5, 2013 - Binghamton Mets
- Fisher Cats Announce Upcoming Promotions - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Host Star Wars Night June 22 - Bowie Baysox
- RHP Danny Burawa, C Tyson Blaser Activated from Thunder DL - Trenton Thunder
- SeaWolves Walk off in 12 Innings - Erie SeaWolves
- Aeros Win Another in Walk-Off Fashion, 3-2 - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs fall in 12 innings to the 'Wolves 8-7 - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.