Crew Adds Jonathan "T-Bone" Smith to ESPN 1460's Inside the CrewMay 24, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Columbus Crew SC
"I am excited for the opportunity to work with Neil, as well as talk with the great community of soccer fans who support the Crew and listen to Inside The Crew," said Smith.
Smith has been working in the radio industry for more than 10 years. In addition to his current position with WBNS Radio, Smith has covered the Crew for various soccer blogs, as well as Ohio State football and basketball.
"Jonathan is a natural fit for Inside the Crew," said Crew Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing Mike Malo. "He's very knowledgeable about the Crew and has been following the team for many years. He's also a very polished radio show host on 97.1 The Fan, and has the ability to entertain listeners with a variety of sports-related topics. We know he is going to have a lot of success as a co-host of Inside the Crew alongside Neil Sika."
A lifelong Columbus resident, Smith has been a Crew fan from the day the club was announced. He was in the stands for some of the first Columbus Crew matches played at Ohio Stadium, and has spent many matchdays standing in the Nordecke. Per Smith, his fondest memories in Crew Stadium include the 2008 Eastern Conference Final victory and the multiple U.S. Soccer victories over Mexico.
Fans can tune-in this weekend as Smith and Sika prepare listeners with everything they'll need to know ahead of the Black & Gold's second clash against New York, as Crew defender Eric Gehrig and New York goalkeeper Luis Robles are set to check-in with the new radio duo. More information on the show can be found on the club's website at TheCrew.com/insidecrew.
The Black & Gold close-out the month of May on Sunday with a trip to Red Bull Arena as the Crew (4-4-3, 15 points) completes a two-match road swing this week and faces the Eastern Conference-leading New York Red Bulls (7-4-3, 24 points) on Sunday, May 26 in Harrison, New Jersey.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 24, 2013
- LA Galaxy Technical Director Jovan Kirovski still remembers Champions League title run with Borussia - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy to Announce Player Acquisition on Saturday - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Welcomes Houston Dynamo to Sporting Park on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Not Panicking as They Prepare to Face Red-Hot Seattle - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Arrieta Earns International Call Up - Columbus Crew SC
- Black & Gold by the Numbers: May 24 - Columbus Crew SC
- Crew Set to Take On Red Bulls - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United's Neal to Miss 6-8 weeks Following Surgery - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Players Called Up to National Teams - New York Red Bulls
- Revolution Hold Youth Tryouts - New England Revolution
- Revolution Preview Matchup Against Toronto - New England Revolution
- Midfielder Bostock Placed On Waivers - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake vs. Fire - Game Preview - Real Salt Lake
- Nyassi Called Up to Gambian National Team - Montreal Impact
- Earthquakes Unveil New Features for Team's Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
- Crew Adds Jonathan "T-Bone" Smith to ESPN 1460's Inside the Crew - Columbus Crew SC
- Wynalda Set to Serve as Assistant for Real Salt Lake Game - Real Salt Lake
- Koevermans Set to Return For Toronto FC - Toronto FC
- Impact to Host Union Saturday, May 25 - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.