Ticats Ink 2012 Draft PicksMay 23, 2013 - Canadian Football League (CFL) Hamilton Tiger-Cats
Stephen, the 8th overall selection in 2012, has spent the last three seasons at Northern Illinois after transferring from Wilfrid Laurier. The 6-0, 194-pound defensive back recorded 17 defensive tackles, one interception and one blocked kick with the Huskies after registering 80 tackles and six interceptions at Laurier. He was selected as a first-team OUA all-star and second-team CIS All-Canadian in 2009.
In four seasons as a defensive lineman at Laval, Gascon-Nadon was twice awarded the J.P. Metras Trophy, earned three straight RESQ All-Star nods, two first-team CIS All-Canadian honours and played a key role on the Rouge et Or's Vanier Cup championship squads in 2010 and 2012. The 17th overall pick in 2012 finished his CIS career with 61.5 defensive tackles (46 solo), 20.5 quarterback sacks, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, one interception and three pass breakups. Prior to transferring to Laval, Gascon-Nadon spent one season at Rice, where he was named to the C-USA All-Freshman team and was honourable mention All C-USA.
Gascon-Nadon underwent shoulder surgery in March and will be out indefinitely while he rehabilitates.
Hazime (pronounced huh-ZEE-me), a defensive lineman whose rights were acquired by the Ticats in a February 27th trade with Edmonton, made 129.5 defensive tackles, 22.5 tackles for a loss and eight quarterback sacks during his NCAA career with Wake Forest (2012) and Akron (2008-11). He was the 36th overall pick in 2012.
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2013
- All Systems Go for Fanfest - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Release Three - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Roughriders Release Pair - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- BC Lions and Coast Capital Savings Announce Multi-Year Partnership - B.C. Lions
- Argos Sign Former NFL First Round Pick WR Michael Williams - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Acquire McElveen from Tiger Cats - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ticats Grab Receiver in Trade with Riders - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Trio Added to Training-Camp Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Ticats Ink 2012 Draft Picks - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tim Hortons' All-Star Game debuts this weekend - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.