Stampeders Announce New SigningsMay 22, 2013 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - Calgary Stampeders Press Release
Hawthorne played his senior season at the University of North Alabama in 2010 and recorded 33 receptions for 534 yards and three touchdowns. He also had 70 yards on four kickoff returns for the Lions. Prior to transferring to North Alabama, Hawthorne attended Auburn. In three seasons for the Tigers, he made 13 receptions for 253 yards. As a junior, he led the team with an average of 25.4 yards per catch.
Butler played two seasons at Kansas State, seeing action in 21 games and making 64 tackles including six tackles for loss. Prior to enrolling at Kansas State, Butler attended Antelope Valley Community College and was part of back-to-back conference championship teams. In 2008, Butler was a California Junior College All-American. He attended training camp with the BC Lions in 2012.
Both players will be reporting for the start of the Stampeders' rookie camp at McMahon Stadium on May 30.
Canadian Football League Stories from May 22, 2013
- Argonauts Sign Draft Picks - Toronto Argonauts
- Esks Sign Two, Release One - Edmonton Eskimos
- Matthews and Allen To Take Their Place On Lions Wall of Fame in July - B.C. Lions
- 100th Grey Cup Festival Brought $133.1 Million to Ontario - Toronto Argonauts
- Stampeders Announce New Signings - Calgary Stampeders
- Roughriders Announce Richardson Pioneer Rider Nation Community Celebration Contest - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Add Receivers - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.