Magill Rejoins IsotopesMay 21, 2013 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Albuquerque Isotopes Press Release
Magill made four starts with the Dodgers, including his Major League debut on April 27 against the Milwaukee Brewers. The 6-foot-3 hurler did not factor in any decisions and compiled a 5.50 ERA (11 ER/18.0 IP). He also walked 13 and struck out 19.
The Southern California native was selected in the 31st round of the 2008 First-Year Player Draft out of Royal High School in Simi Valley. The 23-year-old pitcher reached Triple-A for the first time in his career this season, starting four games for Albuquerque. Over four starts he posted no record with a 2.84 ERA (6 ER/ 19.0 IP). His last start for the Isotopes was on April 22 against the Oklahoma City RedHawks, where he tossed four innings of one-run ball on one hit, a solo home run.
Smith will join the Lookouts after coming to Albuquerque from Single-A Ogden on May 5. The 6-foot-2 righty is 1-0 with a 4.07 ERA (11ER/24.1IP) as an Isotope this season, his first at the Triple-A level. He made his first start of the year on May 20, throwing four innings and allowing two runs (none earned) while striking out a season-high six batters. The former Lobo struck out 18 and walked 13 over 11 appearances. The Michigan native was signed by the Dodgers as a non-drafted free agent on June 17, 2008.
The Topes take on Colorado Springs in game two of their four-game series tonight at 6:35 PM MT. RHP Blake Johnson (3-2, 4.42) will face southpaw Drew Pomeranz (6-0, 3.22). Catch all of the game action on 610 AM "The Sports Animal" with Josh Suchon on the call.
Tickets are on sale now at the Isotopes Park Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through Ticketmaster by phone at (800) 745-3000, or online at www.abqisotopes.com or www.ticketmaster.com. For information, please call (505) 924-2255.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 21, 2013
- Chasers Cannot Complete Comeback, Fall in Extra Innings - Omaha Storm Chasers
- No Hits, No Errors, No Problem for Padres in 10th - Tucson Padres
- Round Rock Shuts out Reno, 6-0 - Round Rock Express
- Express Blank Aces, 6-0 - Reno Aces
- Southpaw Gets Call-Up, Lindblom and Chirinos Return to Express - Round Rock Express
- Chasers to Hold Auctions for Oklahoma Tornado Relief for Remainder of Homestand - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks Run Over Grizzlies, 15-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzlies' Winning Streak Halted in 15-2 Loss - Fresno Grizzlies
- Magill Rejoins Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Omaha Storm Chasers to Hold Auctions for Oklahoma Tornado Relief for Remainder of Homestand - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Memphis Loses 10-3 In Salt Lake On Big Inning - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Surge Past Redbirds 10-3 - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship Format Changed - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- RedHawks vs. Grizzlies - Game Notes - May 21, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- RedHawks allow season-high four home runs in loss in Fresno - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Four Home Runs Power Grizzlies' Winning Streak to 5 Games - Fresno Grizzlies
- Zephyrs Drop Series Opener in Sac-Town - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Nakajima Leads Cats Past Zephyrs, 3-2 - Sacramento River Cats
- Chasers Pound Padres' Relievers in 11-8 Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Suffer Third Straight Last At-Bat Loss - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees rally for win - Salt Lake Bees
- Blake Beavan Guides Rainiers Past Nashville, 5-2 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Six-Run Fourth Springs Isotopes to Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.