Mechack Jerome and Peterson Joseph selected to Haiti Men's National TeamMay 20, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Sporting Kansas City
Jerome has appeared in seven games for Sporting Kansas City since being signed prior to the 2013 MLS season. The 23-year-old right back has contributed to four shutouts in five starts this season and added one assist.
He debuted for the Haiti Men's National Team in 2008 and helped Haiti to a third place finish in the 2012 Caribbean Cup last December.
"I am very happy," Jerome said. "These will be two big games against Spain and Italy. I'm excited to have the chance to play against Xavi, (Andres) Iniesta, (Carlos) Puyol and (Mario) Balotelli."
Joseph, 23, has appeared in 23 MLS matches (including playoffs) over three seasons for Sporting Kansas City with one assist. Internationally, Joseph earned his first senior team appearance in a 2010 FIFA World Cup Qualifier and most recently represented Haiti in Caribbean Cup qualifying.
"These are two very important games for the team because we have the CONCACAF Gold Cup coming soon," Joseph said. "This will be a big opportunity and it's going to help us prepare for the Gold Cup."
Both players will join Haiti following Sporting Kansas City's match on June 1 against the Montreal Impact at Sporting Park.
Haiti, ranked No. 59 in the latest FIFA rankings, are among the 12 teams that will participate in the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup from July 7-28 in the United States.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 20, 2013
- Reserve League: Chivas USA Comes out on Top - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Forward Eddie Johnson Named MLS Player of the Week - Seattle Sounders FC
- Revolution Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Homegrown Midfielder Victor Pineda Named To U.S. U-20 Roster For Toulon Tournament - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Unveils Six-Match Ticketing Plan - D.C. United
- Sporting KC and Dynamo Set For May 26 Rematch - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Reserves Fall to Chivas USA Reserves - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers U-23s Eric Miller Called Up to U.S. U-20 National Team - Portland Timbers
- Ticket Information Announced for Red Bulls Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Match - New York Red Bulls
- Mexico Announces Roster for 2013 U.S. Tour Match against Nigeria in Houston on May 31 - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers U-23 Play Host to Charleston Battery Tuesday in Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- Seattle Sounders FC forward Eddie Johnson voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Shane O'Neill to join U.S. U-20 squad for Toulon Tournament on June 2 - Colorado Rapids
- Gavric and Bridgewater Voted Into Earthquakes Hall of Fame - San Jose Earthquakes
- Mechack Jerome and Peterson Joseph selected to Haiti Men's National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Wil Trapp Called in for United States U-20 Duty - Columbus Crew SC
- Jordan Morris Called in by U.S. U-20 MNT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Announce Upcoming Schedule Change - Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC midfielder Mikey Lopez Named to U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Dillon Serna named to U.S. U-20 Roster for Toulon Tournament - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer and Windows 8 bring fans the smartest league experience - MLS
- Grabavoy Brace Powers Real Salt Lake to 4-1 Victory at Chivas USA - Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA Fall to Real Salt Lake at Home - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.