Brewer Shines as Reno Blanks Tacoma, 7-0May 4, 2013 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Reno Aces
Brewer gave up just three hits to the Rainiers in his second-straight victory and third quality start of the season. LHP Joe Paterson threw a hitless ninth inning to complete the shutout for Reno. He struck out two and walked one. The shutout marked Reno's first in the regular season since June 20, 2012, also at Tacoma.
With the win, Reno advanced to 10-20 on the season, and snapped the Rainiers 10-game win streak.
At the dish for Reno, Matt Davidson, Kila Ka'aihue and Chris Owings each registered a multi-hit game. Ka'aihue went 3-for-4 at the plate, including his sixth home run of the season, with an RBI and three runs scored. Owings collected two more hits in the game, to extend his league-leading total to 48.
D-backs outfielder Adam Eaton went 1-for-5 as Reno's designated hitter with a run scored and an RBI in the second game of his Major League Rehabilitation Assignment.
Tacoma RHP Blake Beavan, who was optioned to the Rainiers from Seattle on Wednesday, was charged with the loss in his first Triple-A start of the season. Beavan gave up five earned runs on seven hits through 5.0 innings.
The series continues Sunday afternoon at Cheney Stadium. LHP Tyler Skaggs (2-3, 6.15ERA) gets the nod for Reno, while Tacoma will counter with LHP Jimmy Gillheeney (1-0, 0.00 ERA). First pitch is set for 1:30 p.m. PT, and all of the action can be heard live on KPLY 630 AM.
Reno returns to Aces Ballpark on Tuesday, for another eight-game homestand. Tickets are on sale for the next homestand, and all Aces home games, at RenoAces.com, by calling (775) 334-7000 or by visiting the Aces Ballpark Ticket Office.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 4, 2013
- Tucson defeats Salt Lake - Tucson Padres
- Mills Pitches Express to Win over Sounds - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' Skid Continues with 8-6 Loss in Round Rock - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers blanked by Reno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Brewer Shines as Reno Blanks Tacoma, 7-0 - Reno Aces
- I-Cubs Postponed by Rain - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks and I-Cubs Postponed Again - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Dodgers Recall SS Gordon - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Tonight's Storm Chasers Game against Memphis Postponed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RedHawks Game Notes: May 4, 2013 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Stewart Optioned to Iowa, Jackson to DL, Iowa to Receive Two on Rehab this Weekend - Iowa Cubs
- Rainiers Edge Reno 7-6 In Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Kickham's Strong Start Bears No Fruit in 5-1 Extra-Inning Loss - Fresno Grizzlies
- Topes Survive Late Rally - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.