Martin Perez to RehaB with Frisco RoughRidersMay 4, 2013 - Texas League (TL) - Frisco RoughRiders Press Release
Perez's left wrist was broken after he was struck by a line drive off the bat of Seattle Mariners infielder Brad Miller in a spring training game on March 3. Prior to the injury, Perez was in contention for a spot in the Rangers' starting rotation. He entered the season ranked by Baseball America as the organization's third-best prospect and ranked 81st on the publication's list of top 100 prospects in the minors.
The 22-year-old Venezuelan pitched for the RoughRiders during parts of the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons and made his major league debut last year for Texas. He pitched in 12 big league games (six starts), going 1-4 with a 5.45 ERA (23 ER/38.0 IP). In his three seasons with Frisco, Perez pitched in 46 games (44 starts) and went 10-13 with a 4.74 ERA (110 ER/209.0 IP) and 198 strikeouts.
The RoughRiders start an eight-game, nine-day road trip tonight at Midland. Frisco will return to Dr Pepper Ballpark on Monday, May 13 to take on the RockHounds. For tickets to any RoughRiders game, fans can go to www.RidersBaseball.com or call the RoughRiders at (972) 731-9200. Tickets are also available for purchase at the box office, which is open 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Monday - Friday and 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday. The box office is located on the first base side near the home plate entrance to Dr Pepper Ballpark.
Texas League Stories from May 4, 2013
- Travs Open Trip with 4-2 Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Big First Inning Propels 'Riders to Win, 4-2 - Frisco RoughRiders
- Travelers Take Advantage of Errors in Win - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cards' Late-Inning Rally Downs Drillers - Tulsa Drillers
- Cardinals Come Back for 5-3 Win against Tulsa - Springfield Cardinals
- Martin Perez to RehaB with Frisco RoughRiders - Frisco RoughRiders
- RockHounds Swept by Hooks - Midland RockHounds
- Missions Fall RoughRiders in 11 Innings - San Antonio Missions
- Hooks Barb 'Hounds - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.