Red Bull Arena to Host U.S. Women's National TeamMay 3, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - New York Red Bulls
Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, May 10, at 10 a.m. ET through newyorkredbulls.com. Tickets can also be purchased by phone at 1-877-727-6223 (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET only) and at the Red Bull Arena ticket office (open Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
"We are proud to host the U.S. Women's National Team at Red Bull Arena for the second time in the stadium's short history," said New York Red Bulls General Manager Jérôme de Bontin. "As the top soccer stadium in North America, we expect that our arena will provide a perfect environment for both teams and we hope that fans across the tri-state area will come out to support this match."
The USA returns to Red Bull Arena for their second match at the venue following a 1-0 victory against Mexico on June 5, 2011, in the final game before the Women's World Cup. Midfielder Lauren Cheney scored the lone goal in that game.
"Any games are extremely valuable for the continued development of the team, but games against different kinds of opponents are even better," said U.S. head coach Tom Sermanni. "We've played seven matches this year against European teams so it's nice to have the challenge of playing two matches against the South Koreans, who play a different style. South Korea has been improving steadily over the past decade and over the past couple of years they have put together a young, but highly skilled team built on the back of great success at youth World Cups. With the expansion of the Women's World Cup from 16 to 24 teams, I'm sure they have their sights firmly set on a berth to Canada."
Groups of 20 or more can obtain an order form at ussoccer.com or call 312-528-1290. Ultimate Fan Tickets (special VIP packages that include a premium ticket, a custom-made official U.S. National Team jersey with name and number, VIP access to the field before and after the game, and other unique benefits) are also available exclusively through ussoccer.com.
As a sponsor of U.S. Soccer, Visa is pleased to offer all Visa cardholders access to an advance ticket sale for both matches before the sale to the general public. This advance sale starts Thursday, May 9, at 10 a.m. ET and runs until Friday, May 10, at 8 a.m. ET at ussoccer.com. Visa will be the only payment method accepted through the Visa presale and is the preferred card of U.S. Soccer. Terms and conditions apply.
The matches against the Korea Republic mark the first domestic friendlies during the inaugural National Women's Soccer League season and the first against the South Koreans since three matches in November 2008 following the USA's Olympic gold medal triumph in Beijing, China.
The U.S. team is 6-0-2 in 2013 and will play its next game on June 2 against Canada at BMO Field in Toronto. The match, which is sold out, is part of U.S. Soccer's Centennial Celebration which also includes a Men's National Team match against Germany at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. The MNT and WNT will play back-to-back on live television with the MNT match kicking off at 2:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2, WatchESPN and UniMas, followed by the WNT match at 4:30 p.m. ET on ESPNews.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 3, 2013
- Charlie Rugg and Greg Cochrane Feel Ready to Play If Called - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Red Bulls Take on Columbus Crew Saturday at 4:00 pm on Nbc Sports - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Hosts Chivas USA on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- U.S. WNT Will Face Korea Republic at Gillette Stadium - New England Revolution
- Red Bull Arena to Host U.S. Women's National Team - New York Red Bulls
- Impact Faces Earthquakes in San Jose Saturday - Montreal Impact
- Timbers' Silvestre Sustains ACL Injury - Portland Timbers
- Rapids and Coca-Cola to Support Rocky Mountain USO - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL V. Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Real Salt Lake
- Tickets for the Chicago Fire vs. Club America Match Now On Sale - Chicago Fire
- Preview: Crew vs. Red Bulls - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew vs. New York Red Bulls - Columbus Crew SC
- Timbers Acquire Defender Pa Modou Kah - Portland Timbers
- No Wholesale Upgrades to Columbus Crew Stadium Just Yet - Columbus Crew SC
- Recalled from Rochester, Bilal Duckett Helps Revolution Keep Another Clean Sheet - New England Revolution
- Revolution Tie Timbers on the Road - New England Revolution
- Timbers Extend Unbeaten Run to Seven After Draw with Revolution - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.