Chivas USA Goalkeeper Dan Kennedy Extends Contract with the Red-And-White Until 2016May 2, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Club Deportivo Chivas USA Press Release
Chivas USA made the announcement in a Press Conference held at The Home Depot Center's Field 6, with the presence of the club's President and CBO Jose David, as well as Chivas USA's Technical Director Francisco Palencia and the Red-and-White goalkeeper.
"We are very happy to announce that we have reached an agreement with Dan Kennedy to extend his contract through 2016. We are very proud to keep him as our symbol and our leader in the locker room and in the institution of Chivas USA. He brings great support to the team as a player and as a person", Palencia said at the beginning of the conference.
For what the extension means to the Red-and-White institution, Chivas USA President and CBO Jose David thanked Dan Kennedy for his commitment and dedication to the club, not only in the First Team, but the Youth Academy as well.
"We are very happy that Dan has accepted all the terms and conditions established by our coaching staff. He's done a great job in the past for Chivas USA; every weekend the fans enjoy all his courage and ambition on the field. We are very happy, congratulations Dan, this is your home until 2016", added President and CBO.
The 30 year-old Fullerton, California native expressed the joy it brought him to remain with the institution, club where he has played since 2008, and of which he proudly defends, and manifested his commitment with the Red-and-White by signing his contract extension.
"First of all, thank you Chivas USA and everybody here for presenting this opportunity to me. I've said before we have this new era, and that with all the changes in the offseason there would still be great opportunity here. I truly believe that and i'm excited to be a part of it.
"Everybody knows that I'm from Southern California and I have played nearly all my career with this club so it's close to my heart. My teammates have definitely supported me on the field and given me this opportunity so I'm very thankful for them too.
"We have a long way to go but I do feel that with all the changes that have been made, we are taking the steps in the right direction and through my time here and in the future I'm going to give everything I have so we continue going in that direction and we become champions on the field and off the field. I'm very excited, I think for me this was an important deal in this part of my career and I'm glad it's done and behind me so we can move forward on the vision that we have for this club", Dan Kennedy's Chivas USA goalkeeper concluded.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 2, 2013
- LA Galaxy Academy Update - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Jose Villarreal Looks to Parlay Successful U-20 Camp into LA Galaxy Starting Role - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Focusing on SKC - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Q&A: MLS Commissioner Don Garber - Columbus Crew SC
- Colin Clark Prepares to Face His Former Club for First Time - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Waive Gonzalez Emerson, Hustedt; Activate Ballouchy from Disabled List - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA Goalkeeper Dan Kennedy Extends Contract with the Red-And-White Until 2016 - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Crew to Host MLS Business Summit September 10-12 - Columbus Crew SC
- Goalkeeper Josh Ford Placed on Disabled List - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Add Ghanaian Midfielder Aminu Abdallah - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- San Jose Earthquakes to Host English Premier League's Norwich City at Buck Shaw Stadium on July 20 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Play Host to Norwich City FC of England's Premier League - Portland Timbers
- Tickets for Amway Canadian Championship Game on Sale at Noon - Montreal Impact
- 'Caps down Edmonton 5-2 on aggregate, will play Montreal in final - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.