B-Mets Come Alive Late in Comeback Win, 4-3April 29, 2013 - Eastern League (EL) Binghamton Mets
After getting handcuffed for seven innings by Erie starter Warwick Saupold, the B-Mets broke through against the Erie bullpen. Facing reliever Michael Morrison and trailing 3-0, Alonzo Harris started the comeback by reaching on Corey Jones' fielding error at third. Darrell Ceciliani followed with a single and Josh Rodriguez walked to load the bases.
With Allan Dykstra at the plate, catcher James McCann fired to third in attempt to nab Harris, but his throw skipped into left field, allowing Harris to score. Dykstra followed by hammering an RBI double to left, cutting Erie's lead to one. Puello capped the comeback by bouncing a two-run, go-ahead double down the first baseline, plating Rodriguez and Dykstra.
The SeaWolves had jumped out to an early lead by tagging B-Mets starter Erik Goeddel for three runs in the first four innings. Daniel Field homered in the first, James McCann collected an RBI single in the third and Luis Castillo added a run-scoring double in the fourth.
Erie's run in the fourth proved to be their last. Goeddel battled to complete five innings and handed the reins to Josh Edgin in the sixth. The lefty allowed two hits, but no runs thanks to Cory Vaughn's strong throw to the plate, retiring Castillo to end the inning. Edgin returned for the seventh and posted a perfect frame.
Chase Huchingson (1-0) retired all three batters he faced in the eighth and became the winner after Binghamton's four-run eighth inning. Jeff Walters racked up his league-leading seventh save with a shutout ninth. Morrison (1-1) suffered the loss.
Saupold settled for the no-decision after tossing seven shutout innings. The righty surrendered just four hits and allowed only one runner to reach third base. Goeddel was taken off the hook thanks to Binghamton's comeback after giving up three runs on eight hits.
The B-Mets (13-11) continue their four-game set against the SeaWolves (12-10) Tuesday night at 6:35 PM. LHP Mark Cohoon (2-0, 7.11) fills in for Binghamton against LHP Matt Crouse (2-1, 3.68). The Horizons Federal Credit Union Pregame Show begins at 6:20 PM on Newsradio 1290 WNBF.
POSTGAME NOTES: It was Binghamton's first win in 2013 when trailing after seven innings...Edgin made his 2013 B-Mets debut after pitching in 11 games with the New York Mets to start the season...Dykstra extended his hitting streak to ten games
Individual tickets for all Binghamton Mets 2013 home games are on sale now. Visit the NYSEG Stadium box office during regular operating hours, purchase them online at www.bmets.com or call the office at (607) 723-METS.
Eastern League Stories from April 29, 2013
- Baysox Fall Short After Wild Finish - Bowie Baysox
- Squirrels Hold on for Dear Life and Win, 7-6 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rock Cats Beat Senators 16-8 at New Britain Stadium Monday Night - New Britain Rock Cats
- B-Mets Come Alive Late in Comeback Win, 4-3 - Binghamton Mets
- EL's Top Pitcher Shows His Stuff as Curve Shut Down Aeros - Akron RubberDucks
- Saupold Tosses Another Gem - Erie SeaWolves
- Pimentel Puzzles Aeros in Shutout Victory - Altoona Curve
- Fisher Cats-Thunder Postponed Monday Night - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Thunder vs. New Hampshire Postponed - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Binghamton Mets - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Reading-Portland Game Rained Out - Reading Fightin Phils
- No Monday Baseball in Reading, 'Dogs and Phils Postponed - Portland Sea Dogs
- Just 2 Days Left for Early-Bird Mother's Day 3K Registration - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 29 at Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fightin Phils LHP Jesse Biddle Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Reading Fightin Phils
- Eastern League Names Pitcher and Player of the Week - EL
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. Erie SeaWolves - Binghamton Mets
- Former Rock Cats President and CEO Named New Chairman of United Way - New Britain Rock Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.