Cardinals LF Mike O'Neill Named Texas League Player of WeekApril 29, 2013 - Texas League (TL) - Springfield Cardinals Press Release
O'Neill, 25, compiled a .550 batting average (11-for-20) with 10 walks and nine runs scored through the Cardinals seven games on the week. In the Sunday doubleheader against the Arkansas Travelers, O'Neill reached base safely in each of his eight plate appearances, going 6-for-6 with two walks through the two seven-inning games, including a four-hit performance in Game 1.
The Riverside, CA native is batting .333 on the season, 5th-highest in the Texas League. He also leads the league with 21 walks and a .475 on-base percentage, and is tied for the league lead with 18 runs scored. O'Neill has walked in each of his last 10 games with 15 free passes during that stretch. He has reached base safely in 21 of his 24 games played this year.
O'Neill was selected by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 31st round of the 2010 June Draft out of the University of Southern California.
Cardinals come back home for 2012 Texas League Championship Replica Ring Giveaway this Saturday
The Cardinals kick off a road series in Northwest Arkansas on Tuesday at 7 p.m. Catch all the action live on JOCK 98.7FM and SpringfieldCardinals.com, and tune in 15 minutes early for the Coyote's Sports Cafe Pregame Show.
Springfield returns home to begin an eight-game homestand this Saturday with a 6:09 p.m. First Pitch against the Tulsa Drillers. Saturday will feature the 2012 Texas League Championship Replica Ring Giveaway (2,500 fans). Gates open at 5:09 p.m.
Click below to view the full 2013 Promotional Schedule and to get your tickets right now.
For information about becoming a Season Ticket Holder, ordering the new Friday, Saturday, and Promo Items Packs (only 100 available), the custom-designed Championship Packs (only 100 available) or ordering Individual Game Tickets right now, call the Front Office at (417) 863-0395 or visit SpringfieldCardinals.com.
Texas League Stories from April 29, 2013
- 'Riders Rally to Earn Series Split - Frisco RoughRiders
- RockHounds Fall in Extra Innings - Midland RockHounds
- Cardinals LF Mike O'Neill Named Texas League Player of Week - Springfield Cardinals
- Cardinals Cruise by Travelers, 12-2 - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers Claim Series with Victory - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- 8,168 See Drillers Win Homestand Finale - Tulsa Drillers
- Hooks Bump up Game Times - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Naturals Community Highlights: April 29-May 7 - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Eibner Placed on Disabled List - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.