Real Salt Lake UpdateApril 25, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Real Salt Lake
Saturday's game will kickoff at 7:00 p.m. MT and will be broadcast live on CW30, ESPN700 and 102.3 La Gran D/1600 AM. CW30 will air the 30-minute Ford Postgame Show immediately after the match; ESPN700 will air and hour-long pregame show starting at 6:00 p.m. MT and will broadcast an hour-long postgame show following the game.
The away team took all three matches in the RSL-LA series in 2012, with the Claret-and-Cobalt beating the Galaxy 3-1 at the Home Depot Center in the season opener on March 10, losing 3-2 to LA at Rio Tinto Stadium on June 20 and beating LA 2-1 in Southern California on Oct. 6.
A limited amount of tickets to Saturday's game are still available and can be purchased at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office, online at www.RealSaltLake.com/Tickets or over the phone at 801-727-2700.
REAL SALT LAKE OWNS SUCCESSFUL HISTORY AGAINST LA
Los Angeles is one of the most successful teams in MLS history (290-200-104 all-time), but RSL has enjoyed great success against the Galaxy, posting a 9-8-5 regular season record against the Southern California side. RSL's nine wins against LA is tied for the second-most all-time for the club, which now owns a 10-10-4 mark against Chivas USA and a 9-10-8 record against the Colorado Rapids.
The Claret-and-Cobalt is 9-9-6 all-time against LA when including MLS playoff action. RSL has outscored the Galaxy 40-38 in the sides' 24 total meetings.
RSL RESERVES TIE USL PRO SIDE PHOENIX FC 0-0 IN FRONT OF 8,236 AT RIO TINTO STADIUM
The Real Salt Lake Reserves played USL Pro side Phoenix FC to a scoreless draw in MLS Reserve League play at Rio Tinto Stadium on Monday night. Over 8,000 RSL fans attended the match at the Sandy, Utah facility - undoubtedly one of the largest crowds in MLS Reserve League history.
Three players - Phoenix FC GK Andrew Weber and DF Renan Boueflour and Real Salt Lake DF Kwame Watson-Siriboe - were shown straight red cards in first half stoppage time for their role in a melee. RSL put Phoenix under siege following the ejections, but were unable to find the back of the net despite outshooting the Wolves 24-4.
RIMANDO, MORALES UP FOR WEEKLY HONORS
Real Salt Lake GK Nick Rimando and MF Javier Morales are up for MLS Save of the Week and MLS Goal of the Week, respectively.
Rimando is nominated for his clutch penalty kick stop on Chivas USA MF Edgar Mejia in the first half of RSL's 1-0 win over the Goats on Saturday. This is Rimando's fourth Save of the Week nomination of the 2013 season. The early Goalkeeper of the Year candidate won the weekly honor for the first time this year last week.
Morales is nominated for his headed winner in the second half of Saturday's game against Chivas. The Argentine playmaker started the play that led to the goal, picking up a loose ball near midfield before making a 60-yard run into the box to finish a cross from FW Alvaro Saborio.
Voting for both awards runs until 12:59 a.m. MT on Friday morning.
TICKETS FOR CONCACAF GOLD CUP DOUBLEHEADER AT RIO TINTO STADIUM ON SALE
Rio Tinto Stadium will host a CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader on July 13, with the U.S. taking on Cuba and Costa Rica facing Belize in Group Stage action. Tickets to the twin-bill are on sale now at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office, online at www.RioTintoStadium.com/events/gold-cup.php or over the phone at 801-727-2700.
Rio Tinto Stadium is the only venue in the country that will host the U.S. Men's National Team twice this summer, with the Stars-and-Stripes playing a World Cup Qualifier against Honduras at the Sandy venue on June 18 before the Gold Cup doubleheader in July.
REAL SALT LAKE INJURY REPORT
Following is the Real Salt Lake injury report for Saturday's MLS match against Chivas USA:
OUT: MF Cole Grossman (concussion)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Chris Wingert (L quad soreness)
Major League Soccer Stories from April 25, 2013
- Landon Donovan Eager to Get Fit in Time for Real Salt Lake - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Kraft Family's Pledge to One Fund Boston Nets $617,000 to Date - New England Revolution
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Sean Franklin Provides Pace and Experience on the Right Flank - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Heaps on McInerney: "The Less he's Involved, the More Dangerous he is" - New England Revolution
- Impact SoSc Launches Camp for Elite Goalkeepers - Montreal Impact
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Suspends and Fines Chicago Fire Defender Wells Thompson - MLS
- Chicago Fire Defender Wells Thompson Suspended by MLS Disciplinary Committee - Chicago Fire
- Timbers U-23s Add Four More Players for 2013 - Portland Timbers
- Heaps Ponders Center Back Options - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Academy Update - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Warzycha Confident as Speas Develops into Consistent Threat - Columbus Crew SC
- Crew Youth Update - Columbus Crew SC
- Camilo scores twice and Heinemann nets the winner in the ACC semifinal first leg - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.