Touted OF Dwight Smith, Jr. Joins LugnutsApril 24, 2013 - Midwest League (MWL) Lansing Lugnuts
Drafted 53rd overall in 2011 out of McIntosh High School in Florida, the 20-year-old Smith enters the season rated Baseball America's #14 prospect in the Blue Jays' organization. His father, Dwight Sr., finished second in National League Rookie of the Year balloting in 1989 en route to an eight-year Major League career for the Cubs, Angels, Orioles and Braves.
The Lugnuts' roster comprises 25 active players with five players on the Disabled List.
Midwest League Stories from April 24, 2013
- Coyle's Three Hits Not Enough in One-Run Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lansing Edges Dragons 3-1 to Win Series - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts Muzzle Dragons, 3-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kernels Homestand Preview: April 25-30 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- MBF Announces 2013 Grant Recipients - Great Lakes Loons
- Touted OF Dwight Smith, Jr. Joins Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Vasquez Leads Rout as 'Caps Win Series - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Seven Run Sixth Sinks Captains - Lake County Captains
- Captains Return Home for Six-Game Homestand Beginning Thursday - Lake County Captains
- Nine-game homestand continues with Jake the Diamond Dog and Fireworks - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons on Television Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons GameDay for April 24 - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Silver Hawks Looking for the Official Welcome Video to the Cove - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Homestand Preview: April 25-April 30 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.