Power fall to HagerstownApril 20, 2013 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - West Virginia Power
Hagerstown struck a run in the second, third, and fourth innings. The Power scored one run in the fourth on a Stetson Allie RBI double to trim the Suns' lead to two, but Hagerstown added three runs in the fifth to make the score 6-1. Walker Gourley and Max Moroff both scored in the fifth, making the score 6-3.
The Suns put up seven runs in the sixth inning while sending up 11 batters in the inning. Barrett Barnes added another run for West Virginia in the sixth, but the Power did not get another hit after a leadoff single by Josh Bell in the seventh.
Clay Holmes (1-1) pitched four innings for West Virginia allowing three runs on three hits, but took the loss. The right-hander issued five walks while striking out one. Will Hudgins (2-0) earned the win in relief by throwing two and two-thirds innings of one hit ball.
West Virginia and Hagerstown conclude their four-game series Sunday afternoon. Orlando Castro looks to capture his second win this season for the Power. He will square off against the Suns' Brian Dupra for a 2:05 matchup.
South Atlantic League Stories from April 20, 2013
- Hickory Comes Back to Defeat RiverDogs Again - Charleston RiverDogs
- Intimidators Snap GreenJackets' Four-Game Winning Streak - Augusta GreenJackets
- Power fall to Hagerstown - West Virginia Power
- Drive Drop Pitcher's Duel to Lexington 1-0 - Hickory Crawdads
- Grasshoppers Pitching Keys 5-3 Win - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Legends Win Third Straight, Blank Drive Again - Lexington Legends
- Drive Drop Pitcher's Duel to Lexington 1-0 - Greenville Drive
- Saturday Night Pitching Duel Gives Braves Tough Loss - Rome Braves
- Tourists Toss Shutout to Win Second Straight - Asheville Tourists
- BlueClaws Grounded in 6-4 Loss to Savannah - Lakewood BlueClaws
- WV Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Inaugural No Excuses 5/10K Held Today - Rome Braves
- Game Notes: Kannapolis Intimidators at Augusta GreenJackets (April 20, 2013) - Kannapolis Intimidators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.