Erik Hamren signed with Braves, assigned to MississppiApril 18, 2013 - Southern League (SL) - Mississippi Braves
Hamren, 26, made his MLB debut on August 1, 2011, with the San Diego Padres. In 14 outings with the Padres, he posted a record of 1-0 and a 4.38 ERA. Hamren did not allow a run to score in eight of those appearances and picked up his first win on August 23 against San Francisco. In his three minor league stops that season, Hamren went 5-0 with a 1.05 ERA, 50 appearances.
He was originally drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 37th round of the 2008 draft out of Saddleback College. He spent two seasons in the Cubs system before being released following the 2009 season. In 2010, Hamren appeared in a combined 44 games in the Independent Northern League with Joliet (0-1, 0.84) and Kansas City (0-1, 3.93).
The Mississippi roster has 24 active players and 5 disabled.
Southern League Stories from April 18, 2013
- Eighth Inning Letdown Hands Suns 10-2 Loss - Jacksonville Suns
- Smokies Walk to Victory in Extras - Tennessee Smokies
- Rain Suspends M-Braves, Generals Tied Game - Mississippi Braves
- Generals, M-Braves Suspended Due to Rain - Jackson Generals
- Barons Stumble against Lookouts, Fall 5-3 - Birmingham Barons
- Erik Hamren signed with Braves, assigned to Mississppi - Mississippi Braves
- 50-Cent Hot Dogs, Business Person Special Highlight 2nd Homestand - Birmingham Barons
- Atlanta Braves Tryout Camp Set for June 13 - Mississippi Braves
- Generals Game Information (Thursday, April 18) - Jackson Generals
- Pino Promoted to Louisville - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Montgomery Biscuits Introduce Freebie Fridays, Kids Eat Free April 19 - Montgomery Biscuits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.