Augusta Gets by Legends in 14, 4-3April 17, 2013 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Lexington Legends Press Release
The Legends took a 2-0 lead in the second inning. With two outs, consecutive singles by Jin-Ho Shin and Yowill Espinal put runners at first and second. Nic Cuckovich followed with a base hit, scoring Shin, and Espinal also scored when Cuckovich's hit got by left fielder Andrew Cain for an error.
The GreenJackets answered with a run in the third on a single by Stephen Branca, a double by Brad Moss and an RBI ground out by Tyler Hollick.
Augusta tied the game in the sixth. Matt Duffy led off with a double, stole third and came home when Shin's throw to third went into left field.
The score remained 2-2 until the top of the 11th. Lexington's Bubba Starling led off with a double to right field. He moved to third on Michael Antonio's sacrifice bunt and came home with the go-ahead run on a wild pitch by reliever Stephen Johnson.
Augusta was down to its last out in the bottom of the 11th when Moss drew a walk. Jesus Galindo ran for Moss and stole second base, and Hollick followed with a triple down the right field line, tying the game at 3-3. Trevor Brown popped out to second base to end the inning.
In the bottom of the 14th, Brown walked and Duffy sacrificed him to second. Mitch Delfino's single sent Brown to third, and a sacrifice fly to center field by Ben Turner brought home the winning run.
Tyler Mizenko (1-0), who relieved for Augusta in the top of the 14th, got the win. Mark Peterson (0-1), who entered the game in the bottom of the 14th, was the losing pitcher.
Augusta swept the three-game series. The Legends return home to face the Greenville Drive in a four-game series at Whitaker Bank Ballpark. First pitch for the opener is set for 7:05 p.m. Thursday.
South Atlantic League Stories from April 17, 2013
- Late Rally Pushes Drive to 5-4 Victory - Greenville Drive
- Power Drops Game after Leading 4-0 in Eighth - West Virginia Power
- Augusta Gets by Legends in 14, 4-3 - Lexington Legends
- Suns Take Rubber Game from BlueClaws - Hagerstown Suns
- 'Claws Come up Short 3-1 in Finale - Lakewood BlueClaws
- WV Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Refsnyder Leads RiverDogs to 4-1 Victory - Charleston RiverDogs
- Eight-Run Fifth Secures Sweep for Delmarva - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Shorebirds Sweep Intimidators with 9-4 Win - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Game Notes: Kannapolis Intimidators vs. Delmarva Shorebirds (April 17, 2013) - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Suns Go Long in 11-2 Win over BlueClaws - Hagerstown Suns
- Legends Start Four-Game Homestand Thursday - Lexington Legends
- GreenJackets Pitchers Secures 2-1 Win against Legends - Augusta GreenJackets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.