Real Salt Lake UpdateApril 17, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Real Salt Lake
After playing five of its first seven games on the road, Real Salt Lake will begin a three-game home stand on Saturday when it hosts its 2005 expansion partner Chivas USA at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Saturday's match will kickoff at 7:00 p.m. MT and will be broadcast live on CW30, ESPN700 and 102.3 La Gran D/1600 AM. CW30 will air the 30-minute Ford Postgame Show immediately after the match; ESPN700 will air and hour-long pregame show starting at 6:00 p.m. MT and will broadcast an hour-long postgame show following the game.
RSL will be looking to sell-out its eighth-straight regular season contest at Rio Tinto Stadium for on Saturday. A limited amount of tickets to the game are still available and can be purchased at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office, online at www.RealSaltLake.com/Tickets or over the phone at 801-727-2700.
RIMANDO WINS TWO GOVERNOR'S STATE OF SPORT AWARDS
RSL GK Nick Rimando won two Governor's State of Sport Awards on Tuesday, taking home the Pro Male Athlete of the Year and Highlight of the Year trophies.
Rimando beat out 2013 NFL Super Bowl winners Haloti Ngata and Paul Kruger, 2012 NHL Stanley Cup winner Trevor Lewis, PGA Tour pro Daniel Summerhays and PRCA Rodeo champion Jesse Wright to win the Pro Male Athlete award. Rimando was the only nominee who plays for a Utah team; the other five nominees play elsewhere but are all originally from Utah.
Rimando won the Highlight of the Year award for his outstanding performance in the first-leg of the 2012 Western Conference Semifinals at Seattle Sounders FC. Rimando made several world-class saves despite suffering a broken nose in the second-half of that match, a scoreless draw at Seattle on Nov. 2 of last year.
The winners of the 2013 Governor's State Sports Awards were announced on Tuesday at the Governor's State of Sport Awards Luncheon at the Zions Bank Basketball Center. Utah Gov. Gary Herbert presented the awards and tennis legend Andre Agassi delivered a keynote speech at the luncheon.
TICKETS ON SALE FOR APRIL 22 RSL-PHOENIX FC RESERVE GAME AT RIO TINTO STADIUM
Tickets to Real Salt Lake's April 22 MLS Reserve League match against USL Pro side Phoenix FC at Rio Tinto Stadium are now on sale.
Tickets to the 7:00 p.m. MT match are $8 for Real Salt Lake Pride Season Ticket Holders and $12 for the general public. Fans can purchase tickets at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office, online, or over the phone at 801-727-2700.
The April 22 match against Phoenix FC is the first in a home-and-home series against the first-year minor league side. The Claret-and-Cobalt was paired with Phoenix FC as part of Major League Soccer's multi-year, groundbreaking partnership with USL Pro.
TICKETS FOR CONCACAF GOLD CUP DOUBLEHEADER AT RIO TINTO STADIUM ON SALE
Rio Tinto Stadium will host a CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader on July 13, with the U.S. taking on Cuba and Costa Rica facing Belize in Group Stage action. Tickets to the twin-bill are on sale now at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office, online at www.RioTintoStadium.com/events/gold-cup.php or over the phone at 801-727-2700.
Rio Tinto Stadium is the only venue in the country that will host the U.S. Men's National Team twice this summer, with the Stars-and-Stripes playing a World Cup Qualifier against Honduras at the Sandy venue on June 18 before the Gold Cup doubleheader in July.
REAL SALT LAKE INJURY REPORT
Following is the Real Salt Lake injury report for Saturday's MLS match against Chivas USA:
OUT: MF Cole Grossman (concussion)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Kyle Beckerman (Rib Dislocation), MF Sebastian Velasquez (R hand fracture), FW Robbie Findley (L adductor strain)
Major League Soccer Stories from April 17, 2013
- Red Bulls Drop Close 1-0 Decision to Sporting Kansas City - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Focused on Getting Back to Basics Ahead of Clash with Sporting Kansas City - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Scouting Report: Chicago Fire - Columbus Crew SC
- San Jose Earthquakes Partner with You Can Play Project - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy to Play in Inaugural Guinness International Champions Cup - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- CONCACAF to Honor D.C. United Forward Carlos Ruiz with First-Ever President's Award - D.C. United
- Timbers, MLS Works, Continental Tire Launch Earth Day Service - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Waive Midfielder Paulo Jr. - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- United Drives to Collect Pet Supplies - D.C. United
- Crew and Fire Ready to Re-Ignite Rivalry in Oduro's Return to Chicago - Columbus Crew SC
- Philadelphia Union to Play Harrisburg City Islanders on June 18 - Philadelphia Union
- Even When Down a Goal "No Panic" for Resilient Crew - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.