Willie Reed Signs with the Memphis GrizzliesApril 17, 2013 - NBA Development League (D-League) Springfield Armor
Reed (6-10, 220) joins the Grizzlies after averaging 14.8 points on 55.7 percent shooting, 7.8 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 29.3 minutes in 48 games (30 starts) for the Armor. Reed, 22, ranked fifth in the D-League in total blocks (83), posted 12 double-doubles and was named the league's Performer of the Week after averaging 20.0 points, 17.3 rebounds and 3.3 blocks in 34.6 minutes through three games played from March 11-17.
Reed recorded 12 point-rebound double-doubles during the season, leading the team in scoring on 10 occasions and rebounding in 11 games. He was selected with the 30th pick in the 2012 NBA D-League Draft by the Armor after appearing in four games with the Sacramento Kings during the 2012 NBA preseason.
He becomes the second call-up of the 2012-13 season for the Armor, joining forward Kris Joseph (Brooklyn Nets) and the sixth player to earn a call-up in the Armor's four-year history.
Reed is expected to join the Grizzlies today and be available when the team hosts the Utah Jazz at FedEx Forum in Memphis at 8 p.m. ET.
NBA Development League Stories from April 17, 2013
- Warriors Take Game One 106-101 - Austin Toros
- Texas' Dwayne Jones Signs with Golden State - Texas Legends
- Texas' Dwayne Jones Signs with Golden State - D-League
- Willie Reed Signs with the Memphis Grizzlies - Springfield Armor
- Springfield's Willie Reed Signs with Memphis Grizzlies - D-League
- Golden State Warriors Sign Scott Machado for Remainder of Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Guard/Forward Ron Howard Receives 2013 Jason Collier Sportsmanship Award - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.