RHP Gary Moran placed on DL with right shoulder inflammationApril 17, 2013 - Southern League (SL) - Mississippi Braves
Moran, 27, was signed as a free agent by the Atlanta Braves on June 7, 2011. He was originally selected by the San Francisco Giants in the 41st round of the 2009 draft out of Sonoma State University. Moran split the 2011 season with Low-A Rome (4-1, 3.50) and High-A Lynchburg (2-1, 2.63) before joining the M-Braves in 2012.
In 2012, Moran posted a 2.91 ERA despite a 5-10 record. He claimed the Southern League ERA Title and finished the season with the second-best ERA and the fifth-most strikeouts (117) in the Atlanta Braves organization. Moran was also named as a Southern League Mid-Season All-Star. He tossed two complete games and worked the second-most innings (160.2) in the league.
The Mississippi roster has 23 active players and 5 disabled.
Southern League Stories from April 17, 2013
- Suns Offense Breaks out in 10-3 Victory - Jacksonville Suns
- Suns Blow Past Blue Wahoos 10-3 - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Suns Snipe the Lookouts and Battle the BayBears Through April 29th - Jacksonville Suns
- Lookouts Walk-Off with 5-4 Win - Birmingham Barons
- M-Braves Fight Back with Walkoff Victory - Mississippi Braves
- Rojas Bunt Saves Eadington, Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Neil on Temporary Inactive List; Cargill joins Suns from Jupiter - Jacksonville Suns
- BayBears to Donate to Victims in Boston - Mobile BayBears
- Stars Drop Education Day Game To Smokies - Huntsville Stars
- M-Braves Score Two In Ninth, Walkoff With Win - Jackson Generals
- Jokisch, Smokies Stifle Stars in 4-1 Win - Tennessee Smokies
- RHP Gary Moran placed on DL with right shoulder inflammation - Mississippi Braves
- Generals Game Information (Wednesday, April 17) - Jackson Generals
- Stars Drop Nailbiter To Smokies - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.