Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi" to Appear at the DiamondApril 15, 2013 - Eastern League (EL) - Richmond Flying Squirrels
"Having the Soup Nazi here is just the beginning of our best promotional schedule ever," said Flying Squirrels Vice President and COO Todd "Parney" Parnell. "This particular promotion is a double-win because we can entertain fans and provide meals for children and those in need. We have turned the Soup Nazi's catch phrase 'No Soup for You!' into soup for as many as possible."
The pregame meet and greet will be in the ORC Pre-Game Tailgate Party area from 5:30-7:00PM with the Soup Nazi scheduled to appear from 5:30-6:00PM. The meet and greet includes a ticket to the game and a 90 minute all-you-can-eat buffet for $22 per person. Limited tickets are available by contacting Chris Walker at (804) 359-3866 ext. 319 or email@example.com
The canned soup drive will take place during the game and fans are encouraged to bring as many cans of soup to donate to the front entrance "Squirrely Gates". Fans will be eligible to win prizes for each can of soup donated. Prizes include: Ryan Kerrigan autographed football, 2013 Team autographed baseball, Flying Squirrels autographed jersey, Squirrels MVP Package (enter gates early to watch batting practice, Eight (8) Diamond Club seats to that night's game, opportunity to throw a ceremonial first pitch, and a Verizon Wireless prize pack.
The Soup Nazi and Nutzy will also be making an appearance at FeedMore's Community Kitchen from 11:00AM-Noon on Friday, April 19th to help prepare and serve chili. This portion of the event is not open to the public but will be made available to media members with advance requests.
"Verizon Wireless is proud to partner with the Richmond Flying Squirrels to support those in need throughout the communities we serve. We encourage fans to join us to join us at the meet and greet, and enjoy the event while helping others," said Mike Maiorana, Region President for Verizon Wireless .
Also as a part of the festivities, Verizon Wireless will be allowing fans to experience their IndyCar up close and without the blur. Verizon Wireless will be bringing the No. 12 Verizon Team Penske IndyCar to The Diamond allowing fans to see every perfectly engineered angle.
Eastern League Stories from April 15, 2013
- Baysox Beat Erie on Jackie Robinson Day - Bowie Baysox
- Medchill Blast Paces 5-3 Thunder Win - Trenton Thunder
- B-Met Bats Struggle in 7-4 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder Win Round One in Rematch with Aeros - Akron RubberDucks
- Harrisburg's Treinen Halts Reading Bats - Reading Fightin Phils
- Rock Cats Win vs Fisher Cats 5-3 on Monday - New Britain Rock Cats
- Ranaudo stellar in Sea Dogs 7-4 victory - Portland Sea Dogs
- Ochinko Smacks First Homer of 2013 in 5-3 Loss at New Britain - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Losing Streak Reaches Four with 2-0 Shutout Loss to Squirrels - Altoona Curve
- Squirrels Snodgrass Curve, Snap Slide, 2-0 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Eastern League Names Pitcher and Player of the Week - EL
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 15 at Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Chris Martin Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Portland Sea Dogs
- Squirrels' Duvall Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Bowie Baysox Announce Player Move - Bowie Baysox
- Erie SeaWolves at Bowie Baysox Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Game Notes: Binghamton Mets vs. Portland Sea Dogs - Binghamton Mets
- Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi" to Appear at the Diamond - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.