LA Galaxy Foundation and Herbalife Family Foundation Combine to Help Provide Proper Nutrition for MoApril 10, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Los Angeles Galaxy
The Herbalife Family Foundation, through the Casa Herbalife program, has supported Hogar Santa Maria de Guadalupe, since 2012, creating a long-term partnershipÃÂ¢=80-ÃÂ¢=80- that benefits the children who are a part of the institution. The HFF recently completed its goal of supporting 20 institutions in Mexico as part of the Casa Herbalife program, which supports 2,140 children from various states of the Mexican Republic.
LA Galaxy President Chris Klein represented the LA Galaxy Foundation in making the donation.
"It is an honor for me and our club to be a part of this fantastic program which will help improve the quality of life for all of these children," Klein said. "Both the Galaxy and the Herbalife Family Foundation are committed to providing all children with the proper nutrition that will allow them to lead a healthy and happy life. Who knows, we might find a Galaxy star of the future at the institution."
At the event, Klein, along with Herbalife executives and independent Herbalife distributors, spent time with the children of the Hogar Santa Maria de Guadalupe, all of who received shirts, while also making the check presentation.
"The Herbalife Family Foundation has been very generous with us since we started our affiliation. Last year, they gave us a major donation, which allowed us to improve the nutrition of all the children who make up this institution, and with this new support of the LA Galaxy Foundation we can continue with the mission to help our children," said Sister Elisa Villegas, Director of Hogar Santa Maria de Guadalupe.
In addition to the economic amount donated, the two foundations reiterated their commitment to continue supporting global institutions that benefit children, both nutrition wise and healthier lifestyles.
Founded on February 19, 1970, Hogar Santa Maria de Guadalupe, A.C. is an institution dedicated to serve children between the ages 6 and 12 from low-income and single parent families as well as orphaned children or children whose parents work.
Major League Soccer Stories from April 10, 2013
- LA Galaxy Foundation and Herbalife Family Foundation Combine to Help Provide Proper Nutrition for Mo - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Revolution Looks to Alston for Inspiration - New England Revolution
- Black & Gold by the Numbers: April 10 - Columbus Crew
- Celebrity Bartending Event to Benefit AIDS Walk Central - Columbus Crew
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Revs Announce Affiliation with PDL's Real Boston Rams - New England Revolution
- WRGW to Broadcast D.C. United's "College Night" Game against New York - D.C. United
- CCL: LA Galaxy Goal Is Simple to Landon Donovan - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Heat Tests the LA Galaxy Before Second Leg in Mexico - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Gonzalez Makes His Return to "The City in the Mountains" - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.