Aeros Stumble in Loss to Barons 4-1April 10, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Houston Aeros Press Release
Houston struck for the game's first goal at 6:21 of the opening frame. Center Erik Haula started the breakout from the Aeros zone, snapping a pass to Brett Bulmer up the left wing. Bulmer carried the puck into the Barons zone and sent a cross-ice pass to Kyle Medvec. The Houston defenseman ripped a one-timer past Oklahoma City goalie Yann Danis for his eighth goal of the season and the 1-0 lead.
The Barons came back in the second period, scoring at 2:14 to tie the game 1-1. Center Mark Arcobello scored his 21st goal of the season off a play in front. Forward Toni Rajala and defenseman Martin Marincin each had an assist on the team's first goal of the night. Defenseman Taylor Fedun made it 2-1 28 seconds later, scoring his seventh goal of the season at 2:42. Forwards Chris VandeVelde and Tyler Pitlick each had an assist on the team's second goal of the night. With 7:57 left in the second period, starting goalie Jeff Deslauriers left the game after suffering an injury. He was replaced by Mike Condon, who made his AHL debut. Oklahoma City extended its lead to 3-1 after Fedun blasted a shot from the right point. The puck sailed through traffic and over the shoulder of Condon at 19:57. Marincin had the lone assist on the play.
Oklahoma City increased its lead to 4-1 with a five-on-three power-play goal at 4:21 of the third period. Toni Rajala finished off a cross-ice pass from Teemu Hartikainen, giving the Barons a three-goal cushion. Arcobello added an assist on the game's final goal, Rajala's 14th tally of the season.
Houston continues a ten-game home stand with San Antonio on Thursday at 7:05 p.m. The game marks a "Thirsty Thursday", where fans (21 and older) receive a "second drink free coupon" for The Maple Leaf Pub (Smith and Elgin). The first 500 fans to The Maple Leaf Pub after the game will be able to redeem their coupon for their second drink free. Saturday, the Aeros will host their final regular season home game of the 2012-13 season. The team will celebrate Fan Appreciation night with a 7:05 p.m. face off against San Antonio at Toyota Center.
Information on mini-plans for the remainder of the season is available on the team website at www.aeros.com . Groups of 15 or more receive a discount on all tickets, to book your group outing to an Aeros game please call 713-974-PUCK (7825).
American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2013
- Wolves Finally Get Upper Hand on Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceHogs Blanked in Crucial Game in Peora - Rockford IceHogs
- Aeros Stumble in Loss to Barons 4-1 - Houston Aeros
- Murray and McKenna Lead Rivermen Past IceHogs 4-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves Finally Solve Griffins in 3-2 Win - Chicago Wolves
- IceCaps Sink Pirates 4-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Sink Pirates, Sweep Series - Portland Pirates
- Dallas Stars Recall Cristopher Nilstorp on Emergency Basis - Texas Stars
- Laughton and McGinn to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Senators Recall Forward Jean-Gabriel Pageau from Binghamton (AHL) - Binghamton Senators
- Anaheim Assigns LW Max Friberg to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Sign Sabourin - Manchester Monarchs
- Worcester Sharks Host Fan Appreciation Night at DCU Center - Worcester Sharks
- Anaheim Signs John Kurtz to NHL Contract; Loans Troy Bodie to Portland Pirates - Norfolk Admirals
- Sami Vatanen Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Norfolk Admirals
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Portland Pirates Acquire Troy Bodie on Loan from Norfolk, Sign Lucas Lessio to ATO - Portland Pirates
- Individual Playoff Tickets Go On Sale To Public This Saturday - Springfield Falcons
- Zucker Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Houston Aeros
- Niklas Svedberg and Ryan Spooner Named to 2012-13 AHL All-Rookie Team - Providence Bruins
- Toffoli Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Manchester Monarchs
- 2012-13 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- Defenseman Justin Schultz Named to AHL All Rookie Team - Oklahoma City Barons
- Weekend Preview vs Toronto - Abbotsford Heat
- IceCaps Acquire Mathieu Tousignant from Texas Stars - St. John's IceCaps
- Dallas Stars Reassign Mathieu Tousignant from Texas to St. John's - Texas Stars
- Phantoms Announce "2 for $20" Ticket Special - Adirondack Phantoms
- Whale Sign Forward Barclay Goodrow to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Penguins Acquire Nesbitt from Peoria - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Derek Nesbitt Dealt to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Peoria Rivermen
- IceCaps Sign Goaltender Juho Olkinuora to ATO - St. John's IceCaps
- Ross Signs ATO with IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch Fans Have Chance at 50,000 Shot Presented by Bud Light - Syracuse Crunch
- IceCaps and Pirates Cap off Season Series - Portland Pirates
- Phantoms Weekly - Bobbles and Conga - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.